• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis: need more funding for research, awareness, support.

Jo Best

On UK Government and Parliament petition website so only UK residents or British citizens living abroad may sign: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/203140

At 10,000 signatures, government will respond to this petition in writing.

At 100,000 signatures, this petition will be considered for debate in Parliament.

There are 250,000 men, women, children in the UK suffering from ME. While other illnesses get support, sufferers are told it a psychological illness and offered a variety of therapy. But the answers lie with the biomedical scientists, who need more funding to find cause and cure.

• Created by Sharon Anne Tiday (mother of young ME sufferer Shannon Tiday)
My daughter is one of the next generation having to endure this horrific sentence of trying to save as much energy just to try and get through the day so they don't sink further into their world of illness. For many sufferers who are older it may be too late, as half their lives has already been blighted and damaged on this devastating journey - many confined to their beds, a shadow of all their hopes and dreams been ripped away from them, never being able to reach their true potential. We owe it now to give the next generation a chance to find a cure to fulfil their potential and become part of life again. We need the government to listen to our voice and give sufferers the funding, support, respect they desperately need.
  • Deadline 20 April 2018

Jo Best

Posted by Sharon Tiday
16 hrs ago
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/203140 our story in Chat magazine but one of millions so please keep signing and sharing
1f499.png
1f499.png