1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Lessons from ME/CFS: Finding Meaning in the Suffering
If you're aware of my previous articles here at Phoenix Rising then it's pretty clear that I don't generally spend my time musing upon the philosophy of the disease. I find it better to spend my time reading research and trying my best to break it down to its core elements and write...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

My working hypothesis

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by wastwater, Mar 1, 2014.

1. wastwater

wastwater Senior Member

uk
    Im working around discovering things in myself that suggest a primary immunodeficiency linked to chromosome 6 involving microglial activation
  2. Navid

Navid Senior Member

what does this mean and is there anyway to address the problems.
  3. wastwater

wastwater Senior Member

uk
    Primary Immunodeficiency just means you inherited a faulty immune system rather than acquired it through say a virus.I think chromosome 6 maybe important because it is where the HLA human leukocyte antigen gene complex is found,also I have a rare disorder on that chromosome,there is a mention of Ehler Danlos also,and its thought to be implicated in MS and Schizophrenia.Ive seen a study suggesting minocycline an antibiotic maybe able to calm microglial activation.Ive seen this mentioned in MS and Autism circles too

See more popular forum discussions.