1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Knitting Equals Pleasure, Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith loves knitting. Again. She thought her days of knitting and purling were long over but ... she's back ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

My Understanding of CFS/ME and How To Heal

Discussion in 'Spirituality and ME/CFS' started by cmt12, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Kina

Kina Moderation Team Lead

Ontario, Canada
    I am not disrespecting Tammy at all. It has nothing to do with Tammy. I happen to enjoy Tammy's posts and wouldn't dream of disrespecting her. I find the theory this member has put forward both bizarre and insulting to people with ME.

I would like to know if this person has ME and if they do I would like to explore with them how their theory relates to ME. It would seem to me that claiming meditation can cure ME requires a bit of discussion. This stinks of the CBT psychobabble. I think meditation is wonderful for relieving stress related symptoms but a cure?????

If you feel I am disrespecting a member then you need to click on the report rather than taking the thread off- topic.

Valentijn likes this.
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Senior Member

Scotland
    I agree with much of what you have written. I find it bizarre myself but I'm not insulted by it and clearly Tammy doesn't even find it bizarre. Perhaps this is forum policy that I'm not aware of but I'd rather call someone on what I perceive to be their BS than have them run out of town.

3. lansbergen

lansbergen Senior Member

The body can heal itself if it gets the right tools to do so but meditation is not and your interpretation of animal behavior does not help either.

4. cmt12

cmt12

The thing is though conventional wisdom has no explanation for what I've done/am doing - how I've, through conscious intention and awareness, caused these imprints to surface from nothing, with no stressor to produce physical symptoms in my body. And then to have them release one by one to eventually experience that big release, only to suppress it and have to start all over again.

If you guys go through the experiences that I've gone through then you would be aware of the same things. That is where faith comes in. I'm not asking anybody to believe anything based on faith. I don't recommend that at all. Faith is the suspension of your current perspective to investigate a new one through experience.

This is why I mentioned in those early posts that unless you've experienced certain things and become aware of certain things, then what I'm talking about is not believable.

5. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Senior Member

Vancouver, British Columbia
    So for all you know, you could possibly have a totally treatable illness that has absolutely nothing to do with ME/CFS. Until you've gone through testing to rule out all other illnesses, you can't possibly know whether or not you have CFS. You are just wild-ass guessing. o_O

Valentijn, WillowJ, SOC and 2 others like this.
  6. Mij

Mij Senior Member

If this were the case there would meditation centres and Whole Food stores set up instead of doctors offices and hospitals.

zzz, Cheshire, Valentijn and 5 others like this.
  7. SOC

SOC Senior Member

USA
    The question becomes whether we want PR to lose it's identity as a forum for, and in support of people with ME. People coming here with no knowledge of the illness only to push their personal theory about health or chronic illness in general dilutes our focus and leads us toward being a general health board. I suppose it gets down to a question of what we want PR to be.

Dr Edwards and other non-patients here are careful to keep their focus on ME. They understand the illness in detail and discuss exactly how their ideas apply to ME patients specifically.

Valentijn and barbc56 like this.
  8. cmt12

cmt12

You're standing outside and can't tell how deep the water is. I'm inside and telling you it takes a long time and a lot of effort to get to the bottom because I've been there.

Look, things are way too emotional right now and there is no productive communication happening so I'm going to bow out for awhile.

9. lansbergen

lansbergen Senior Member

You are standing outside

10. Mij

Mij Senior Member

No actually. I belong to an ME community where I can share like minded views and experiences about my illness.

barbc56 likes this.
  11. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Thank you! Much appreciated.

Your tone comes across as patronizing. It seems that you think you are introducing new ideas here--you are not!

Without a diagnosis of ME/CFS, you are standing outside. I truly doubt that you have any idea what we are living with and what spiritual and other means we have explored and found to cope with it.

Sushi

Valentijn, TigerLilea and Mij like this.
  12. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    you might take some time trying to understand others' perspectives yourself.

You can't just come someplace and say hi, I have the path to enlightenment for you all. That doesn't go over very well.

Valentijn, TigerLilea, Mij and 2 others like this.
  13. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    same from me :thumbsup:

14. cmt12

cmt12

I apologize for any offenses. I mean it.

WillowJ and Sushi like this.
  15. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Senior Member

Scotland
    @cmt12 I would also like to apologise to you. I referred to you in a rude way and I'm sorry for it.

WillowJ and Sushi like this.
  16. Tammy

Tammy Senior Member

New Mexico
    Since my name has been mentioned I guess first off.......I will say that I do not in any way feel disrespected. I knew that this thread would set off some fireworks. I guess that because of this long and many times hellish journey I've been on.........whenever someone comes up with something on Their Journey that is working for them no matter how bizarre it may or may not sound I am happy for them and I think cmt12 just wanted to share his journey. I did find the material and theory interesting.........it doesn't mean that I think he has found THE CURE.............he is finding his way like we all are.

zzz, SDSue, Kina and 3 others like this.
  17. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    I was also rude in my manner, and I'm sorry.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014

See more popular forum discussions.