1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 1: Autoimmunity and ME
Mark Berry begins a series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with a look at three presentations on autoimmunity
Discuss the article on the Forums.

my throat is killing me

Discussion in 'Pain and Inflammation' started by hurtingallthetimet, Jan 25, 2012.

1. hurtingallthetimet

hurtingallthetimet Senior Member

my throat is constantly sore doctor tells me its from the fibro/cfs common in pepole with these illness..but at times like now it is killing me...at times like this the drops and sprays and hot drinks dont help..

anyone got any tips on what they do when theirs hurt this bad? maybe change in weather?
  2. mellster

mellster Marco

San Francisco
    Have you tried gargling with warm salt water at least every coupe of hours? Or maybe buy a pack of menthol-loaded lozenges and constantly keep one in your mouth. Hope it gets better!!
  3. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    I would ask your doctor to take a swab of your throat and send it off for analysis.

There is way to much, "Oh, thats just your ME / CFS / Fibro" for my liking nowadays. Its a medical problem and its caused by something. Knowing what that something is, might help you treat it, regardless of whether its part of your illness or not.

I had a sore throat pretty much non-stop for several years before i got ME, and in hindsight i wish i had got it tested to find out what it was. If it is recurring like this then its perfectly reasonable to expect your doctor to check what exactly it is.
  4. mellster

mellster Marco

San Francisco
    Yeah, could be very well a tonsilitis.
  5. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    I'd ask for a swab too. While persistent sore throats are common in ME/CFS patients (it was an early symptom for me too), it could also be something like strep--which hurts a lot! and does require treatment.

Best wishes,
    Sushi
    ggingues likes this.
  6. Sing

Sing Senior Member

New England
    3 ideas: I had a chronic sore throat until I started using cortisol 5 mg twice a day for hypoadrenia aspect of ME/CFS.
    Strep grows on one type of sugar--glucose. White sugar.
    A tincture of the herb goldenseal is very effective for me (much better than echinacea) for a sore throat or cold coming on. I use the kind not made in alcohol but in glycerine.

Good Luck!
  7. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    is it actually your throat or glands in your neck, if in the neck then could be ebv or cmv reactivating, just a thought??

cheers!!!
    ggingues likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.