• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My theory on how to cure nutritional deficiencies without supplements

This is only MY THEORY and not a recommendation.
After studying a lot, I came up to a theory that B12 is a biomarker to all nutritional deficiencies and Iodine deficiency.
If you are eating meat and you are deficient in B12, it means that you are not absorving it. It means that you have low stomach acid. If you don't have enough stomach acid, you will have problems to get nutrients from food resulting chronic nutritional deficiency no matter how healthy you eat. But.. why do you have low stomach acid? Because iodine is precursor to stomach acid. You have to supplement 50mg with lugol iodine for 6 months to reach saturation, so you will not need to take betaine HCL, enzymes and so on.
Hopefully, after 6 months of lugol supplementation, you will test B12 again and it should be normal. But hey.. this is just a theory that I came up after studying 4 years everyday.

But think with me.. if you are deficient in all nutrients, how can you function? And how can you functiong and have healthy gut without digesting food?

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
I don't know anything about the theory you posit one way or the other but I do know that you can have a B12 deficiency for reasons beside the one you mention.

Vitamin B12 may be depleted (or a problem with absorption) by the use of certain drugs such as Dilantin (often used for Epilepsy) for example.

I suspect from my reading here that there are often several paths to the same break in biologic functioning and also following one path to a break in functioning can lead to a variety of different symptoms and/or manifestations of a disease.

I'm not disputing what you are saying here by suggesting this (I have no way of assessing that). Just pointing out that there may be more than the 'one' way for things to work/break.

You are right. I'm saying that in normal conditions, it is a biomarker. A vegan can be b12 deficient and have normal levels of stomach acid, right?