New era for ME/CFS research as top cytokine study attracts media headlines
The immune systems of patients who have recently developed ME/CFS look markedly different from those who have been ill for much longer, according to a major new study from Drs. Ian Lipkin and Mady Hornig at Columbia University. This shift in immune function hadn’t been seen before.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

My test results

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by RedLineBoy, Aug 19, 2013.

1. RedLineBoy

RedLineBoy

My blood test results indicate I have post exposure to EBV, CMV, and Parovirus IGG.

Everything else tested including lyme was negative.

CMV level - 2.10
    Parovirus - 2.37
    EBV - 3.0

I can safely safe that majority of my symptoms are caused by these three virus?

I know CMV and EBV are linked to CFS how about parovirus?

Thank you

2. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    Hi,
    I don't know about the values of the herpes viruses (others know more about these than me at the moment) but for Parvo that result is probably not something to worry about I would think (though I am not a doctor and you should ask one). My result, which is high, is 20 something. Going off the top of my head (which is not reliable at the moment) I think people with an accute infection often have a result something like 5-8. I think your result probably just suggests that you have immunity to it from having had the infection in the past, which is pretty normal. For interest, here is an article I wrote earlier this year about Parvo B19 and the research that has been done on it and its possible links to ME/CFS:
    http://phoenixrising.me/archives/16581

3. RedLineBoy

RedLineBoy

Yea I guess. I personally believe that majority of my symptoms are related from viral infection I have. CFS is basically ongoing viral infection in my opinion.

See more popular forum discussions.