• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My test results

My blood test results indicate I have post exposure to EBV, CMV, and Parovirus IGG.

Everything else tested including lyme was negative.

CMV level - 2.10
Parovirus - 2.37
EBV - 3.0

I can safely safe that majority of my symptoms are caused by these three virus?

I know CMV and EBV are linked to CFS how about parovirus?

Thank you

snowathlete

Hi,
I don't know about the values of the herpes viruses (others know more about these than me at the moment) but for Parvo that result is probably not something to worry about I would think (though I am not a doctor and you should ask one). My result, which is high, is 20 something. Going off the top of my head (which is not reliable at the moment) I think people with an accute infection often have a result something like 5-8. I think your result probably just suggests that you have immunity to it from having had the infection in the past, which is pretty normal. For interest, here is an article I wrote earlier this year about Parvo B19 and the research that has been done on it and its possible links to ME/CFS:
http://phoenixrising.me/archives/16581

Yea I guess. I personally believe that majority of my symptoms are related from viral infection I have. CFS is basically ongoing viral infection in my opinion.