1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

My story and progress with cfs recovery and treatments used.

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by richard jarritt, May 29, 2013.

1. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Might be worth a try for you. There are also other supplements that reduce IL-6:

Vinpocetine reduces IL-6 in the brain's microglial cells. I can vouch for vinpocetine improving brain fog a little: I take 10 mg of vinpocetine daily and find it improvers mental clarity.

Sulforaphane reduces LPS-induced IL-6 in microglial cells.

Two other supplements that reduce IL-6 in macrophages are genistein and blueberries.

Niacinamide inhibits IL-6.
  2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    Hip, let us know how you find the hops to compare to the vinpocetine.
  3. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Hip
    thanks hip - I am very sensitive to supps so taking more may be a problem for me.
  4. jimmy86

jimmy86

hi guys, any new with the beer or hops supplements?
  5. Hip

Hip Senior Member

I am currently taking 500 mg of Swanson alpha acids complex each day, to see if any long term benefits appear. I get the impression that alpha acids do sometimes put me in a calmer, less anxious, and more aware state of mind, but the effect is only mild, and not always consistent.
  6. Olena

Olena

Ukraine
    Richard, how are you doing now? How are you feeling? You continue to take the same medicine?
  7. richard jarritt

richard jarritt

Hi :)
    I had some worsening of symptoms, so have decreased lisin, and im using Valtrex as i get felt
    like i had flu all the time, its helping, ive also ordered rizol, and LDN therapy which
    is due to arrive soon
    Olena likes this.
  8. Olena

Olena

Ukraine
    Hi! Your story really inspired me a few months ago.

I also ordered a Allicin , but the parcel was more than a month and I started taking Monolaurin (also read here on the site about it). I had a strong exacerbation of pain in the joints (knees , elbows , hips , hands , feet, jaw) - and the pain went through the week. Now sometimes myalgia , but overall I felt better .

I am very grateful for your post , it really helped me .I also accept the AFA Bluegreen Algae .Now my immunological analysis: B- lymphocytes is completely normal, but NK cells still low . Analysis showed that there are stem cells in the blood.
    And I almost passed tremors and vibrations in the legs !
  9. richard jarritt

richard jarritt

olena: well done taking the mono and the allicin together, its not easy taking both at the same time.

Ive been taking LDN .75ml at night and .25 in the morning. its been amazing, i was walking
    round waitrose earlier and i didnt feel tired even after 20 mins walking :)
    I would try this place for the LDN: but be carefull i only need 1ml a day not 4.5!
    https://www.prescribe4me.co.uk i think its very good for those electric feeling vibrations and the burning pain in the body.
  10. Olena

Olena

Ukraine
    I have not tried to take Allicin. I has helped only monolaurin.

Now I plan to go to allicin + probiotic.

I have 86% of T-lymphocytes, so I can not take all: they are very "excited" by the treatment ....

See more popular forum discussions.