• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

my stomach swells like im 9 months pregnant..anyone else?

Lala

Parasites, Parasites, Parasites!
We have made many stool tests. Even Metametrix DNA stool test....... Nothing just enamoeba coli came out. But when we start treading with Mebendazol (Vermox here) - parasites were coming out together with liver fluke. SO, anyone should try a course with antiparasite and to check the poop everyday for a month after - still coming out.

Gosh, so Metametrix is not very reliable as well... :( I still have not sent my samples. What dose of mebendazole did you take that killed fluke? I tried some along with atbs, but I have seen nothing except that it exacerbated yeast.

Gee, back in the 1970s when I worked clinical microbiology at a large hospital ( in Pittsburgh, Penna.) parasites, with the exception of pinworms, were very rare. Maybe this has changed ? Plus, light infections were hard to pick up - ie we had to concentrate the eggs, etc. A laborious process. None of my docs have thought I needed this, but this could be a wrong assumption these days ? Thanks for the information, Lala ! Did the Vermox make you sick, or did you get through this okay ??

LaurieL

I have been gone for about eight months. I wanted to apologize to those in which I did not reply. The last time I posted was about april or so, and I wanted to update what has been happening to me since then.

The antibiotics, Colostrum, lactoferrin, and oral glutithione helped immensely until I went off the antibiotics. I slowly gained back the weight I had lost, and the inflammation, and gut swelling again appeared over time.

I think in this thread I was asked what kind of testing I had. I did my own and enlisted the help of an outside lab in which specialized in anerobic bacteria. All the testing I had prior, they only let these cultures grow for about three days and called them inconclusive or negative. I swear it is like pulling teeth out of a live donkey to get physician labs to do the right testing. What I have in my sinuses and my ear are what I also have in my stool. They are both feeding each other, and I have found that getting control of one lets me control the other and vice versa.

I started high dose niacinamide therapy three months ago, and off came 31 pounds this time. Not fat either, it was inflammation. I did go down one size, but for every 10 pounds of fat you lose, you should go down a size. I only went down one. I haven't lost anymore weight, but I still have people commenting on "my weight".

With the exception of the antibiotics, I still take the others, and also pancreatic proteozymes, and Hcl. I also initiated a program to address GAG's, G-proteins, and the retinoid pathways. I am still taking niacinamide, but has been tapered down to half of the loading dose. My bowels have normalized, my hormones have normalized, and my neuro issues have mostly resolved.

I have been reading and responding to the gut threads because of what has happened to me, in an attempt to explain why and learn more.

Thanks for listening...

LaurieL

Lala

Gee, back in the 1970s when I worked clinical microbiology at a large hospital ( in Pittsburgh, Penna.) parasites, with the exception of pinworms, were very rare. Maybe this has changed ? Plus, light infections were hard to pick up - ie we had to concentrate the eggs, etc. A laborious process. None of my docs have thought I needed this, but this could be a wrong assumption these days ? Thanks for the information, Lala ! Did the Vermox make you sick, or did you get through this okay ??

Hi Hibernia, no I have not had any problems or herxes after mebendazole but I only took low dose because I was on antibiotics at the same time. So my doctor told me I can take one pill daily for three days and repeat after two weeks or I can take 2 pills daily for 3 days and then repeat after month. I felt perhaps little increase in energy, but it could be coincidence. I am on the diatomaceous earth at the same time and I had seen some worms exiting after using it previously. My tests were always negative. ( I have not tested with metametrix yet)

Thank you Lala. About 5 years ago I took 2 weeks of Levaquin for severe abdominal pain with fever- thought to be diverticulitis, but it didn't show on abdominal CT. At about day 5 I felt the horrible fatigue begin to lift. I was able to hike several miles - no more abdominal pain. I thought I had found the 'cure.' However, about 4 weeks later the fatigue gradually returned. I have since learned that Levaquin can kill certain large viruses - like BK virus, and it also modulates the immune system in some way. Whew. I have tried a few shorter courses of Levaquin since - with much less dramatic improvement in fatigue and 'wellness' feeling. So, ????

Another interesting story ( I lead a large support group and talk to many patients): One CFS woman was very sick - many bowel problems. Eventually she was diagnosed with a severely redundant, kinked colon - extremely poor motility ( Sitzmark tests can help Dx motility of gut). It took a colorectal surgeon to help her with this and make the correct diagnoses. So, under medical advice, she had the redundant sections of her colon removed. Well, 4 months later she is feeling so much better - back to work at her singing career. Also, her thyroid normalized after many years on thyroid medication. She went from hypothyroid to normal thyroid, and had to stop her thyroid meds. Thus, it seems that the gut may be very important in the function of the immune system, the thyroid, and the autonomic nervous system.
Whew.

Hope you just get better and better. Hugs.

Lala

Interesting, that viruses can be killed by antibiotics as well. I had also big improvement after course of ofloxacin, which is the same as levaquin, only less potent r-isomer. It is so difficult to investigate, what is causing problem, when gut and colon are so unknown to us and testing unreliable. The only thing that has helped me during those years were antibiotics and antiparasitics. So there must be something to it. My 30 years lasting constipation and slow motility was resolved with few weeks of antibiotics, I could not believe.
I would be very afraid to undergo surgery in my country, I do not trust doctors at all and they already almost killed me with simple appendectomy. Hope you get better, too, Hibernia.

Yes, I sure appreciate your comments about surgery. I was offered surgery, but have not done it, as I am okay for now - not perfect, but okay. I had a huge rectal ulcer from my bowel telescoping - in the redundant sigmoid area. Acupuncture helped me with this. So glad you have had relief of symptoms. I have done a lot of alternative therapies - meditation, Reiki, positive affirmations, etc etc etc. Hope you continue to do well.

ukxmrv

I started high dose niacinamide therapy three months ago, and off came 31 pounds this time. Not fat either, it was inflammation. I did go down one size, but for every 10 pounds of fat you lose, you should go down a size. I only went down one. I haven't lost anymore weight, but I still have people commenting on "my weight".

LaurieL

Thanks for contributing your experience here.

I'm hugely swollen and my doctor is talking about inflammation as well. It's the UK so no tests.

Do you mind if I ask what dosage of niacinamide you are on and what type?

LaurieL

The loading dose is 175 mgs per kilo. That was for two weeks, then halved for another three weeks and now 3500 mgs. per day in a split dose of 2500 and 1000, am and pm. Please have a doc test your liver enzymes prior, get his input, retest your enzymes, and watch out for hyperglycemia. My dosage is being cut down to 2500 mgs.

I have recently also began to detox something, I can smell it in my urine, but I have yet to have that identified.

LaurieL

I have been reading quite a bit lately. I have come across a few posts in which state a Vitamin B3 deficiency. I absolutely had this, and I wonder how many of us do? Is this a commonality in ME/CFS and related diseases?

Lauriel

CallieAndToby

I get it, but it's just constipation for me. Now that that is under control it's not really an issue.
But I would look super pregnant after eating and then fine when I used the bathroom so I knew it was the constipation issues.

tyson oberle

Interesting, that viruses can be killed by antibiotics as well. I had also big improvement after course of ofloxacin, which is the same as levaquin, only less potent r-isomer. It is so difficult to investigate, what is causing problem, when gut and colon are so unknown to us and testing unreliable. The only thing that has helped me during those years were antibiotics and antiparasitics. So there must be something to it. My 30 years lasting constipation and slow motility was resolved with few weeks of antibiotics, I could not believe.
I would be very afraid to undergo surgery in my country, I do not trust doctors at all and they already almost killed me with simple appendectomy. Hope you get better, too, Hibernia.
Hi Lala,
Was it ofloxacin alone that resolved your constipation in a few weeks or did you take it with another antibiotic or antiparasitic?

Lala

I continued with doxy and azi then, because no one wanted prescribe more ofloxacin.

cigana

Thank you Lala. About 5 years ago I took 2 weeks of Levaquin for severe abdominal pain with fever- thought to be diverticulitis, but it didn't show on abdominal CT. At about day 5 I felt the horrible fatigue begin to lift. I was able to hike several miles - no more abdominal pain. I thought I had found the 'cure.' However, about 4 weeks later the fatigue gradually returned. I have since learned that Levaquin can kill certain large viruses - like BK virus, and it also modulates the immune system in some way. Whew. I have tried a few shorter courses of Levaquin since - with much less dramatic improvement in fatigue and 'wellness' feeling. So, ????

Another interesting story ( I lead a large support group and talk to many patients): One CFS woman was very sick - many bowel problems. Eventually she was diagnosed with a severely redundant, kinked colon - extremely poor motility ( Sitzmark tests can help Dx motility of gut). It took a colorectal surgeon to help her with this and make the correct diagnoses. So, under medical advice, she had the redundant sections of her colon removed. Well, 4 months later she is feeling so much better - back to work at her singing career. Also, her thyroid normalized after many years on thyroid medication. She went from hypothyroid to normal thyroid, and had to stop her thyroid meds. Thus, it seems that the gut may be very important in the function of the immune system, the thyroid, and the autonomic nervous system.
Whew.

Hope you just get better and better. Hugs.
Levaquin is used to treat Bartonella, a common Lyme co-pathogen (I have it). You might want to seriously consider Lyme if you haven't already.