• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My recovery story

Ian

I had three MRI's and no one mentioned metal fillings being an issue. The doctor we talked to basically said , if you have metal fillings and if you've had dental work like root canal, they can't see anything. Anyhow the doctor said, the best test is a bone scan. I think if your lucky you happened to see the right doctor, at the right time and place and everything lines up astrologically .:) A miracle occurs, you get the right answer.

I hadn't heard that non ferrous metals effect MRI scans. But with CT scans, if you have metal fillings, you just see this insane star burst on the image where the metal fillings are, which makes reading them pretty hard.

Technetium 99 scans are just extremely low res generally. Unless half your face is rotting away, I think you'd be hard pressed to find cavitations this way.

For the past 2 years I've been working on a replacement for the cavitat .. Actually pretty close to a working prototype.

5NCkGdV.jpg

That's the external transducer.

Ian,

Wow, that is so amazing that you created the emitter unit, you're a genius how wonderful !
How do I get one of those? I wish you lived close by I would run over to your house!
I live in Portland on the west coast, so if you happened to be close by let me know.

I was thinking about the ART the Autonomic Response muscle test ....
to locate a dental cavitation. Since as you know , most test are so useless,

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm wasting my time.
Because I have pain in my jaw I know that there is problem .

Deltrus

Hello guys.

Are there any places that can scan for cavitation infections in British Columbia, Canada?

I got a cranial MRI just a while ago, but I hear those aren't useful?

Will my family doctor be useful at all for diagnosing cavitation infections?

Last edited:

Ian

If they don't show up on x-ray they can show up with MRI. STIR imaging is the setting you want. It suppresses the fat.

sflorence

If they don't show up on x-ray they can show up with MRI. STIR imaging is the setting you want. It suppresses the fat.

Is it possible to have a bone cavitation above your front two teeth? When I was a kid I rotted EVERY single one of my teeth from drinking too much apple juice... Thanks mom.... Anyways, they all were pulled or fell out, and then my new ones grew in.

I have had a low aching pain (hardly noticeable 95% of the time) on the top of my mouth, half inch to about 1.5 inches above my two front teeth. It feels like a dull pain when I press on it.
I can't see any signs of a tooth cavity, nor can the dentist. But then again the dentist wasn't looking for a bone cavitation.

Is it possible for someone to have a bone cavitation for 15 years?
I really don't know much on this subject, so any advice is welcome :)

Thanks!
-Stef

Last edited:
If I were you I would see a cavitation expert first and get a cavitat or call DAMS for insight . Standard medicine you would got a bone scan with contrast, the contrast helps determine where the infection is . For my dental cavitation's I saw an expert cavitation dentist , then my alternative medicine doctor suggested a PICC line for six months along with months of
ozone injections at the site of dental infections . Weekly shot 50.
The best idea is to located the infection and get it removed by an expert .

Here is the story that really increased my awareness
regarding dental cavitation's and the acute health issues it may cause.
Story was printed by International Center for Nutritional Research, Inc

This is story is yet another example , of how medical doctor treat symptoms and not the cause . I'm not a big fan of medical doctors I think they do a guesstimate and give you that fastest band -aide solution they can find and bill your insurance to some crazy high amount

Idiopathic cardiomyopathy: When the cause of heart failure is never identified it is referred to as idiopathic cardiomyopathy. This condition can be caused by past, unidentified viral or bacterial infections. Unfortunately most cardiologists do not investigate the possibility that existing dental infections can play a major role in causing congestive heart failure. According to Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt, MD, Ph.D., 70% of all medical problems have their origin in the mouth. From my own clinical experience over the past ten years, I believe this estimate may even be conservative. One of the primary reasons the dental component to the disease process is ignored is because in most instances the patient does not have any complaints about their mouth. Most infections in the mouth that provide a focus for causing distant medical problems do not present any swelling or painful condition. Most scenarios involve an old root canal tooth or post extraction site that harbors viruses or bacteria whose toxins disseminate throughout the body and concentrate in a particular organ, like the heart causing dysfunction for which physicians cannot find a cause. Approximately 90% of post extraction sites (mostly wisdom teeth but other sites can be involved) have a residual infection remaining in the jawbone that does NOT show up in regular dental x-rays. In my opinion, the major causes for this frequent occurrence are due to: failure to achieve primary closure of the soft tissue (gum) with sutures after tooth removal; failure to remove infected bone that lines the socket; leaving infected root remnants in the jaw bone resulting from root tip fractures; and if primary tissue closure is not possible failure to close the extraction socket with a resorbable sponge (gelfoam), which then allows bacteria and debris to enter the socket during the healing process.
cs27molar.jpg

Strep infection found where
3rd molar had been removed
Mrs. Jung's husband, who is a practicing dentist in Soul, Korea, referred his wife to our office. Mrs. Jung, who is in her early 40's, had been suffering congestive heart failure for ten years. Despite the fact that she was examined and diagnosed with CHF by leading cardiologists in Korea, her condition defied any positive response with medications and uncovering the source of her problem. Examination by direct resonance testing revealed the presence of a strep infection in the lower right jawbone area where a third molar was removed. Soon after the extraction the CHF symptoms appeared. Mrs. Jung's primary symptoms included severe fatigue, memory loss and fog, shortness of breath and leg edema. Other CHF patients exhibit additional symptoms as note below.
Symptoms of heart failure vary and include the following:
  • Fatigue
  • Increased heart rate, palpitations
  • Loss of appetite
  • Memory loss, confusion
  • Nausea
  • Persistent coughing or wheezing
  • Shortness of breath (dyspnea)
  • Swelling (edema) of the feet, legs, or abdomen
The toxins produced by the residual strep infection are capable of weakening the heart muscle so that it is unable to adequately pump blood throughout the body and/or unable to prevent blood from "backing up" into the lungs. In most cases this process occurs over time, when an underlying condition damages the heart or makes it work too hard, weakening the organ.
Once the underlying pathogen, strep, was diagnosed, appropriate nutritional support was given to enhance the body's immune system. Within six to eight weeks, Mrs. Jung's CHF symptoms of ten-year duration totally resolved.

Last edited:

sflorence

Thanks for the reply Graced. I am going to do some more research before I see an expert. I just don't have the money to be flinging at any little thing I think might be the problem.

Ian

Is it possible to have a bone cavitation above your front two teeth? When I was a kid I rotted EVERY single one of my teeth from drinking too much apple juice... Thanks mom.... Anyways, they all were pulled or fell out, and then my new ones grew in.

I have had a low aching pain (hardly noticeable 95% of the time) on the top of my mouth, half inch to about 1.5 inches above my two front teeth. It feels like a dull pain when I press on it.
I can't see any signs of a tooth cavity, nor can the dentist. But then again the dentist wasn't looking for a bone cavitation.

Is it possible for someone to have a bone cavitation for 15 years?
I really don't know much on this subject, so any advice is welcome :)

Thanks!
-Stef

You can get cavitations from having perfectly health teeth extracted. The failure by dentists to remove the periodontal ligament can be a permanent impediment to proper healing. But if you have an infection already in the bone, a cavitation is far more likely. Once they form, or if the bone fails to heal, it never heals. It can get progressively worse over time. So 15 years later, the problem could potentially be bigger than what it was a decade previous.

Ian

For my dental cavitation's I saw an expert cavitation dentist , then my alternative medicine doctor suggested a PICC line for six months along with months of
ozone injections at the site of dental infections . Weekly shot 50.
The best idea is to located the infection and get it removed by an expert .

The only treatment for cavitations is surgery. Ozone injections are a short term fix to kill the anaerobic bacteria. Personally I would avoid any dentist that offers it as a treatment as frankly its a waste of time for the patient. It would be like having a tire with a puncture, and repeatedly pumping up the tire as a treatment. What you really want to do is mend the puncture.

sflorence

The only treatment for cavitations is surgery. Ozone injections are a short term fix to kill the anaerobic bacteria. Personally I would avoid any dentist that offers it as a treatment as frankly its a waste of time for the patient. It would be like having a tire with a puncture, and repeatedly pumping up the tire as a treatment. What you really want to do is mend the puncture.

So the only way to figure out if you have a cavitation is to go out on a limb and take a guess? Kinda tough with my financial situation :(

sflorence

One last question, did you have any signs of gum recession? I seem to have a bit on my bottom front teeth. Possibly a sign of a cavitation?

Example http://www.santiagodentalwellness.com/portals/0/Gum_Recession.png

Wow! Lots of great info in this thread. At the same time, I'm praying that I don't have cavitation issues, although my symptoms did get worse/spread after wisdom tooth removal a year ago. I had them off and on for years prior however, and they worsened before it.

Sounds like this ought to rule me out, at least a little?

I was diagnosed with Lyme disease last April, but prior to the wisdom tooth surgery it was mostly my arm/chest/back and after the surgery it spread up into my face/leg (primarily right side for all symptoms). Lymph node pain and arthritis pain in primarily right hand too. (For Lyme or CFS I am still doing remarkably well however.)

I can't quite get better so it seems like there's something that might be in the way, but gosh, the chance I could lose teeth?! Such a huge commitment with not a 100% success and not covered by insurance.

@Ian. Did you have your final surgery done at MH? I have had several surgeries (the last one being at MH) but was in such poor shape beforehand the cavitations were not resolved and I got several acute infections - not good. I am currently trying to boost my immune system prior to more surgery but wondered if you eventually got your issues resolved by Munro Hall (I guess so) as I didn't know they had another diagnositc tool other than the Cavitat (ie the FLIR) Thanks for all your great info

Hip

For the past 2 years I've been working on a replacement for the cavitat .. Actually pretty close to a working prototype.

Have you got any further with your home made Cavitat scanner?

You may be interested in the new research posted here about the inflammatory chemokine RANTES, which is produced in high amounts by necrotic jawbone cavitations, and which may explain the link between such cavitations and systemic diseases like ME/CFS.

In terms of jawbone cavitation surgery: I was wondering whether there might be an easier way of cleaning out the soft necrotic tissue from jawbone cavitations. It seems that the current method is to open the bone right up, in order to clean out the cavitation.

But I was thinking it might be easier and less invasive to instead drill a tiny hole (say 1 mm in diameter) through the jawbone and into the cavitation, and then via the hole inject a substance (like an acid or proteolytic enzymes) into that cavitation that can breakdown the necrotic tissue into a liquid (over a period of hours or days), and the liquid could later be aspirated from the cavitation by suction from a hypodermic needle inserted via the same tiny hole. This would clean out the cavitation without needing any surgery.

If such a procedure were feasible, might make jawbone cavitation treatment more straightforward.

Have you got any further with your home made Cavitat scanner?

You may be interested in the new research posted here about the inflammatory chemokine RANTES, which is produced in high amounts by necrotic jawbone cavitations, and which may explain the link between such cavitations and systemic diseases like ME/CFS.

In terms of jawbone cavitation surgery: I was wondering whether there might be an easier way of cleaning out the soft necrotic tissue from jawbone cavitations. It seems that the current method is to open the bone right up, in order to clean out the cavitation.

But I was thinking it might be easier and less invasive to instead drill a tiny hole (say 1 mm in diameter) through the jawbone and into the cavitation, and then via the hole inject a substance (like an acid or proteolytic enzymes) into that cavitation that can breakdown the necrotic tissue into a liquid (over a period of hours or days), and the liquid could later be aspirated from the cavitation by suction from a hypodermic needle inserted via the same tiny hole. This would clean out the cavitation without needing any surgery.

If such a procedure were feasible, might make jawbone cavitation treatment more straightforward.

That seems like a potentially feasible concept - I like your thinking. Whilst I know that surgery has historically been the only way to resolve cavitations (and even that has a very low % cure rate overall), for some people surgery is just not an option. I am one of these people. Shrotly after my last two surgeries (literally days) I had a massive acute infection which nearly killed me. It is a long story why and involes various factors, but there are a lot of people in a similar situation. As I see it, there are 3 things needed with none debridement options:

1) Sterlise the site/reduce infection there and in the rest of the body (as well as the obvious burden on the immune system, osteoblast (bone builing) activity is virtually nil in areas of infection. The reduction of pathogens can be done in a variety of ways and I personally use these: Ozone injections into the sites and nasal/ear insulffations, rifing at the correct frequencies, blood electrification with a silver pulser (a la Bob Beck protocol), high dose oral vitamin C. I am also looking at getting personalised homeopathic remedy made from blood and necrotic tissue from the site plus I am off to Cyprus to have some cheap 10 pass and uvbi treatments to cleanse the blood and further stimulate immune system.

2) Remove necrotic tissue. This is where your idea is great. The body will probably deal with it eventually as long as the infection is down and immune system is strong (not easy when it is consantly fighting) but it will be a SLOW process. The other option is using PRP (platelet rich plasma) into the site, which could also help. The best bet (in my view knowing how the body works) would be to use proteolytic enzymes first and then PRP. PRP will help build bone and keep infection down

3) Build new bone. As above, PRP will help. Other modalities that could (and should, I feel), be used in conjunction with this are LIPUS (Low intensity Pulsed Ultrasound) to stimulate osteoblast activity and rife frequencies to build bone, plus supplements known to be effective in bone building and - throughout the entire process - an alkaline diet, which would be as essential component for all sorts of reasons.

I am only at stage 1 at the moment but have come a LONG way healthwise from where I was last year when I was pretty much at death's door. The only option I have is to be a human guinea pig but that's fine by me! Being a scientist by training and currently studying Biomedicine I am trying to stand back and view this as an interesting experiment. It's Cyprus in October so I will update as and when if it is of interest.

I have found this topic very interesting because the first time I started feeling extreme carbohydrate cravings and agitation in 2010 was just about one month after wisdom tooth removal (first was tooth removal, then I had some stress in my life and catched a cold while walking under the rain without umbrella, then I recovered from the cold but started seeing acnes on my face and most of them was just in area of jawbone; I have had the hypothesis that my symptoms have something to do with tooth removal, but then I had convinced myself that it was just coincidence, so hard it was to believe that such seemingly trivial thing like a dental surgery can cause such dramatic consequences).
And that hypothesis caused me you feel more depressed, so I forgot it for years.

Ian, I really appreciate all the work you have done to bring your findings to us.

I also have had relatively mild symptoms before tooth removal, but that may be because of untreated tooth decay since my childhood until I started to work (my childhood is associated with below average family background).

I am currently feel myself quite good most of the time, due to very large dosages of biotin sublingually ( I have found this treatment experimentally; for those who are interested in the details - you may find it in my first thread on this forum - http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/my-success-story-tons-of-biotin.49330/ )
But of course it would be better for me to find the solution which would allow me to live without holding the tablet (not the cheap one) under the tongue the rest of my life.

Banana94

When I did my jawbone surgeries, they found in one place a fungal infection. They had to take it out twice and I dont know if it is still in there. They couldnt see the fungus on the Cavitat ultrasound neither on the 3D pictures. Have to check if it is still there next month.
Any experiences?