Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

My recent road trip and what I learned....

Discussion in 'Addressing Biotoxin, Chemical & Food Sensitivities' started by Timaca, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Timaca

Timaca Senior Member

2. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    @Timaca I got there w/ your blog address in signature; the one in your message didn't go anywhere.

Here's to the histamine journey:cocktail:. BTW, I had remarkable results in my histamine response when I started FMN form of B2. Possibly especially good for MAO snps. I wrote about it, in my signature.

3. Timaca

Timaca Senior Member

ahmo~ Thanks for your reply. The link does work when I click on it.....wonder why it didn't work for you......I have not heard about FMN. Thanks for the suggestion!!!

All the best,

ahmo likes this.
  4. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

DAO is copper dependent ...maybe you are lacking in copper?

5. Timaca

Timaca Senior Member

I don't know......haven't been tested for copper. I will check into that......thanks for the suggestion!

Best,

6. Kathevans

Kathevans Senior Member

Boston, Massachusetts
    The thing I find about trips--even those that are very stressful--is that over time, the memories that remain are the good ones. You know, the sites, the companionship of family and friends, the freedom of being outside what can sometimes feel like the trap of home and a limited life. Of course, it's always a relief to be back home, snug in your own bed!

Timaca likes this.
  7. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    @ahmo sorry if you have explained this before but how does FMN affect histamine and MCAS? Is it a certain brand or amount that you take? Do you take it prior to meals with other pre-food meds?

@aquariusgirl I take Daosin prior to every meal but did not know of the link to copper. Can you explain this more? Would someone with severe MCAS need more or need less copper? My doctor has never even mentioned copper to me so am now very curious!

8. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

Well DAO .the enzyme that degrades histamine is copper dependent..partially & I am guessing I am copper deficient cos a supplement called proper copper has given me a big boost recently....it's Mitosynergy. They have a website by that name.

Copper.".bioavailable copper etc is big in certain circles right now.

Lou likes this.
  9. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

I don't know the mechanism. it was suggested as an important co-factor for MAO, and as I reported in my blog, it's essentially eliminated my need for ongoing antihistamine and mast cell stabilizers, including Neuroprotek. I had no expectations for what I'd experience when I began it. It's significantly reduced my supps bill, as also my antioxidant needs decreased.

10. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    @aquarius girl Sorry for my confusion and I need to google all this stuff! Do you have MCAS and taking copper helps you or am I totally misunderstanding?

When you say copper degrades histamine is that the same as degranulates (meaning a bad thing) or gets rid of it (meaning a good thing?).

11. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    @ahmo So you take FMN and this alone eliminated all antihistamines and mast cell stabilizers? I need to google this too!

I cannot eliminate anything now but trying to find things that may strengthen what I am already doing (but not make me worse!) I know it's all a crapshoot with MCAS and no two people are alike in what helps or in what they react to but trying to gather info to research further.

12. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

You'll find a few references in my blog post, there's been a bit in some threads, possibly B2 I Love you. But I just decided to give it a try w/o evidence, just suggestions.

Gingergrrl likes this.
  13. Timaca

Timaca Senior Member

What is FMN?

14. Sushi

Sushi Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Some people can't break down the co-factors. I am one of them and need to take a sublingual, co-enzymated type of B2 where the "job has already been done."

Timaca and Gingergrrl like this.
  15. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

@Gingergrrl I realized I have some further info you can look at re FMN.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/the-nutrigenomics-of-selenium.39405/#post-632511 at end of this post is an external link re FAD/FMN.

1 pg thread re co-enzymated Bs, w/ links :
    http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/are-coenzyme-b-vitamins-bunk.15280/#post-248247

Gingergrrl likes this.
  16. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    @ahmo, @Sushi Wow, thanks for all the info! I just got back from an appt and will read it later. I will ask my Dr about FMN, copper, and some other potential MCAS supplements but was not able to ask today b/c so much other stuff to cover and appt was two hours delayed.

@Timaca I am sorry I took your thread off track and hoping the FMN info will be helpful for you, too!

Timaca likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.