• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My Prof De Meirleir patient experience...

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
What is habitual treatment? Dr De Meirleir says I have to do the treatment?

That just means long-term treatment. You will have to ask him what treatment he is proposing, why and in response to what test results.

Best,
Sushi

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Can anyone who has seen KDM elaborate on what type of diet he recommends for healing the gut?

He usually does food sensitivity testing and DNA gut testing so the results of these would be important in dietary recommendations. He usually recommends a non-inflammatory diet and takes into consideration test results for other aspects--like are you gluten intolerant, fructose intolerant, lactose intolerant?

And, depending on test results he may recommend supplements or medications to deal with problems that might show up.

Sushi