1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

My possible Valcyte miracle!

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by RUkiddingME, Apr 20, 2013.

1. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Two treatment regimes, a short-term regime (900 mg/valganciclovir 2x’s/day) lasting 3 weeks and a longer term (900 mg/valganciclovir 2x’s/day for first three weeks then 450 mg twice daily for three weeks or more) lasting greater than or equal to six weeks. The short-term treatment had no effect on viral load (U100 RNA) or symptoms while the long-term treatment eliminated both. A blood test five weeks after the end of the treatment for one patient, however, indicated the virus was back in full force.
    http://simmaronresearch.com/tag/valganciclovir/

So the short course that worked was val 900mg twice a day for 3 weeks, then 450mg twice a day for 3 more weeks, so 6 weeks in total.
    RUkiddingME likes this.
  2. SOC

SOC Moderator and Senior Member

USA
    That's good news. :)

That study was about ciHHV6. I wonder how well it applies to patients with chronic HHV6 or CMV. I also wonder how many of us with persistent HHV6 infections actually have undiagnosed ciHHV6. I don't think I do since I don't have the consistently sky-high titres indicative of ciHHV6, but many of us could have it. It would be great news if they've actually found an identifiable and treatable (somewhat) subset among us.
    RUkiddingME and heapsreal like this.

See more popular forum discussions.