• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My new trial with Tetralysal (Lymecycline) for lyme?

Hanna

I don't know the law in Canada, but for example from France, you are allowed to travel with 3 months supply of your meds. That's the way I am doing with the tetralysal, each time someone else with my prescription.

Tetralysal is a tetracycline like minocycline is, OK slightly different... Maybe you could ask your doc if you may switch to minocycline instead ?

In Germany,it seems that is the drug Dr Hopf Seidel and co are still prescribing for Lyme and Co (in a combo). Good luck !

Charles555nc

lol nope. i went ahead and asked him.....wish i hadnt ....didnt go over too well lol

the doctor says i should take minocycline instead. i have taken that one before. i cannot tolerate doxycycline :-/

Canada and the United States are really becoming nightmare police states where they wont help you and wont let you help yourself. Now I'm interested in this drug. Would not surprise me at all if Europeans had better solutions for lyme.

Daffodil

Canada and the United States are really becoming nightmare police states where they wont help you and wont let you help yourself. Now I'm interested in this drug. Would not surprise me at all if Europeans had better solutions for lyme.
i absolutely agree. apparently, the only way to get a UK drug into the USA, is if you can prove you are a UK resident and visiting the USA temporarily.

i was hoping to avoid going to belgium next time but looks like it might be the only way to try this drug, if my doc still wants me to try it. also, its the only way i can get arcoxia. going to reno is a little cheaper and also, my doc is a lot less stressed there and i can ask questions more freely.

i was doing so well for a few weeks, that i actually thought i was done with traveling for good LOL i wish i would learn and not tell everyone i am on the way to recovery when i always relapse and end up looking foolish!