• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My new music video about living with M.E./Lyme - 'Crutch'

trickthefox

Hey guys

Every now and then i'll share a new project :) Making music keeps me sane in this crazy world of M.E.

This was the first video I directed and edited as well as being part of. I really wanted to capture the essence of how difficult it is to live with this. Filmed in October and november so was quite a painfully cold experience to shoot, but the process was rather cathartic. I wrote the song with my girlfriend. It's about all the doubts that come up about being in a relationship when you have a chronic illness, its also about support, trust or lack of.

Hope you guys find something of comfort in it :)

Im trying to get it out there as much as I can so if any of you have blogs and want to share it that would be amazing, or just a cheeky facebook/email share, and youtube comment would really help promote it!

Thanks!

Love you guys

Ren

x

msf

The best song about ME I have ever heard. It also happens to be the only song about ME I have ever heard, but on this evidence I say bring on the concept album!

P.S. I am impressed by your range, from your previous videos I had you down as a acoustic guitar singer-songwriter type, but this was quite different.

trickthefox

Hi @trickthefox does it make any difference which way I order the album - do you prefer from your website or through Amazon/iTunes? I'm guessing there are pros and cons with each way of doing it?
Hi andy! it's much better for me if you order the album from my website www.freckledangels.com because then itunes don't take a huge cut :) The money will go directly to my mum to help support me with treatment. My site is the only place you can order a physical CD, but you can get MP3s there too :)
Ren x

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Hi Ren thank so much for sharing this here. An incredible, powerful and moving piece of work - possibly your best so far? also enjoyed the range and power of the heavy guitar section. You are one determined young man and I wish you all the best with your recovery and musical career.

Mel9

Hey guys

Every now and then i'll share a new project :) Making music keeps me sane in this crazy world of M.E.

This was the first video I directed and edited as well as being part of. I really wanted to capture the essence of how difficult it is to live with this. Filmed in October and november so was quite a painfully cold experience to shoot, but the process was rather cathartic. I wrote the song with my girlfriend. It's about all the doubts that come up about being in a relationship when you have a chronic illness, its also about support, trust or lack of.

Hope you guys find something of comfort in it :)

Im trying to get it out there as much as I can so if any of you have blogs and want to share it that would be amazing, or just a cheeky facebook/email share, and youtube comment would really help promote it!

Thanks!

Love you guys

Ren

x

Brilliant!

Nice song bro. If that's you in the video, how do you stay so ripped with cfs haha? I've lost every ounce of muscle I had!

trickthefox

I guess you only see me right now, I havnt been to a gym in 2 years, before that i would go sparsely - but pre M.E. i used to go to the gym about 6 days a week, yoga every morning, and be bench pressing 280-290 pounds, I was one of those meat heads on protein shakes every day so was about twice the size i am now lol :( But i guess some of that tone has remained plus my diet is basically chicken for every meal cause of my food sensitivities which helps in terms of protein consumption for muscle wastage!

trickthefox

This is about 4 years back you can see that its slowly fading lol :'(

Attachments

• 1006199_10153010503045083_1297820525_n.jpg
    1006199_10153010503045083_1297820525_n.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 29
I guess you only see me right now, I havnt been to a gym in 2 years, before that i would go sparsely - but pre M.E. i used to go to the gym about 6 days a week, yoga every morning, and be bench pressing 280-290 pounds, I was one of those meat heads on protein shakes every day so was about twice the size i am now lol :( But i guess some of that tone has remained plus my diet is basically chicken for every meal cause of my food sensitivities which helps in terms of protein consumption for muscle wastage!
True, true. I've always been very slim, but through playing football at a high level for 15 odd years, I had strong legs. So crazy now, i'm not even sure i could kick a ball 20 metres!
Oh well, perhaps one day we will be back better than ever haha! I've also found writing songs is a pretty good way to clear your head of lots of negative thoughts and stuff, and also to feel as though you are achieving something. I haven't really found the energy or drive to record anything since i've been ill, so its awesome to see you've made songsand videos!

digital dog

Just listened (and listened and listened) to Do you Believe.

I don't even know what to say. Moving, beautiful, heartbreaking. Such talent.

Absolutely no justice in the world when there are people like you suffering.

I really hope you are doing better.