Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

My new music video about living with M.E./Lyme - 'Crutch'

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by trickthefox, May 30, 2016.

1. trickthefox

trickthefox Senior Member

Brighton
    Hey guys

Every now and then i'll share a new project :) Making music keeps me sane in this crazy world of M.E.

This was the first video I directed and edited as well as being part of. I really wanted to capture the essence of how difficult it is to live with this. Filmed in October and november so was quite a painfully cold experience to shoot, but the process was rather cathartic. I wrote the song with my girlfriend. It's about all the doubts that come up about being in a relationship when you have a chronic illness, its also about support, trust or lack of.

Hope you guys find something of comfort in it :)

Im trying to get it out there as much as I can so if any of you have blogs and want to share it that would be amazing, or just a cheeky facebook/email share, and youtube comment would really help promote it!

Thanks!

Love you guys

Ren

x

Joh, Mary, helen1 and 32 others like this.
  2. Valentijn

Valentijn Senior Member

Beautiful and powerful song, and a great video for it :thumbsup:

Joh, Theodore, Mel9 and 5 others like this.
  3. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

I am glad that you have someone to support you.

Mel9, Apple and Comet like this.
  4. msf

msf Senior Member

The best song about ME I have ever heard. It also happens to be the only song about ME I have ever heard, but on this evidence I say bring on the concept album!

P.S. I am impressed by your range, from your previous videos I had you down as a acoustic guitar singer-songwriter type, but this was quite different.

MEMum, Mel9, taniaaust1 and 6 others like this.
  5. AndyPR

AndyPR Senior Member

Hi @trickthefox does it make any difference which way I order the album - do you prefer from your website or through Amazon/iTunes? I'm guessing there are pros and cons with each way of doing it?

Joh, Theodore and justy like this.
  6. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    Excellent.:cry: So glad you have your gf.:angel::hug:

Comet likes this.
  7. trickthefox

Brighton
    Hi andy! it's much better for me if you order the album from my website www.freckledangels.com because then itunes don't take a huge cut :) The money will go directly to my mum to help support me with treatment. My site is the only place you can order a physical CD, but you can get MP3s there too :)
    Ren x

Joh, Theodore, taniaaust1 and 3 others like this.
  8. AndyPR

AndyPR Senior Member

Done! :)

9. justy

justy Donate Advocate Demonstrate

U.K
    Hi Ren thank so much for sharing this here. An incredible, powerful and moving piece of work - possibly your best so far? also enjoyed the range and power of the heavy guitar section. You are one determined young man and I wish you all the best with your recovery and musical career.

Theodore, Comet and Mel9 like this.
  10. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    wow, that is so great, it made me cry listening and watching this. I'll put it onto my next xmas wish list, I love the thought of supporting a ME artist.

justy and Comet like this.
  11. Mel9

Mel9 Senior Member

NSW Australia

Brilliant!

Comet likes this.
  12. eastcoast12

eastcoast12 Senior Member

Long Island ny
    :thumbsup:

Comet and Mel9 like this.
  13. lowkey

lowkey

Nice song bro. If that's you in the video, how do you stay so ripped with cfs haha? I've lost every ounce of muscle I had!

Theodore likes this.
  14. trickthefox

Brighton
    I guess you only see me right now, I havnt been to a gym in 2 years, before that i would go sparsely - but pre M.E. i used to go to the gym about 6 days a week, yoga every morning, and be bench pressing 280-290 pounds, I was one of those meat heads on protein shakes every day so was about twice the size i am now lol :( But i guess some of that tone has remained plus my diet is basically chicken for every meal cause of my food sensitivities which helps in terms of protein consumption for muscle wastage!

15. trickthefox

Brighton
    This is about 4 years back you can see that its slowly fading lol :'(

Attached Files:

16. justy

justy Donate Advocate Demonstrate

U.K
    Now you're just showing off ;)

Joh, Comet, Valentijn and 3 others like this.
  17. lowkey

lowkey

True, true. I've always been very slim, but through playing football at a high level for 15 odd years, I had strong legs. So crazy now, i'm not even sure i could kick a ball 20 metres!
    Oh well, perhaps one day we will be back better than ever haha! I've also found writing songs is a pretty good way to clear your head of lots of negative thoughts and stuff, and also to feel as though you are achieving something. I haven't really found the energy or drive to record anything since i've been ill, so its awesome to see you've made songsand videos!

trickthefox likes this.
  18. trickthefox

Brighton
    haha yup, showing off the old me feels like showing off someone completely different! Wiiiiiish so much to be able to get back to a point where the only fatigue i worry about is after ive done a big run or stayed up to late

Joh, Mel9, Mary and 8 others like this.
  19. digital dog

digital dog Senior Member

Just listened (and listened and listened) to Do you Believe.

I don't even know what to say. Moving, beautiful, heartbreaking. Such talent.

Absolutely no justice in the world when there are people like you suffering.

I really hope you are doing better.

Joh and Comet like this.
  20. trickthefox

Brighton
    That means alot to hear, especially right now. Really glad you like it. Strength to all of us x

Joh and Bob like this.

See more popular forum discussions.