• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My new best friend?

maryb

iherb code TAK122
So I bit the bullet after 4 months of looking:)

Got my nutri-bullet last monday. I had a juicer but you know throwing away all the pulp????

So been using it ever day, brilliant to use - so easy - though have had a bit of gut ache which I don't normally have, but hey its expected.
It hasn't helped the constipation which I was hoping for, but its early days.

I also shouldn't have orange really as its on my list of intolerances but just threw one in one day. I am going to try to keep to mostly veggies and apples though, keep away from fruit in general due to the histamine especially in berries. really trying to keep on probiotics daily and off sugar totally, wow will we see a new me soon/ :)

anyone else have one?

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
You might try opening up a capsule of digestive enzymes and pour maybe a 1/3 or 1/2 right into your "mixed drink" and see if that will get the gut motility moving. I'm not sure if you can get down own the floor or not, but there are Yoga exercises. There are several minor exercises and as well just yoga moves that in rhythm (2 or 3 moves) that can assist in gut motility and the combination of the enzymes and exercise and/or yoga moves work really well for constipation. Even better than laxatives in some cases, especially if you are taking medication that is causing or partially causing the constipation.

There literally hundreds of websites and YouTube videos of instructors performing exercise and Yoga moves specifically for constipation. You don't have to do all of them, but see if you can pick out 2 or 3 and try them for 2 weeks and see if and gets things moving.

If you are consistently going less than 3 times per week then I would take that to your doctor!

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
If you in fact have IBS-C, your gut will process foods the exact opposite of what it should. So a normal person can eat fruits and veggies and all that insoluble fiber and go to the bathroom like a madman.

If you have IBS-C, then it has the opposite affect and all that fiber can block you up. That is what happens to me. Every time I eat fruit or veggies I cramp and I have to balance the insoluble fiber with soluble fiber.

I think you have IBS, vs regular constipation just from what you've said.

I can't use digestive enzymes because they make my constipation even worse. But I am a huge advocate of acacia fiber. So although you may be getting tons of nutrients, it may not be helping your constipation.

Now toss in some acacia fiber and maybe you will balance everything out. But you need soluble fiber to keep things moving too.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@August59
I do struggle getting down on the floor - I have a chronic back problem so tend to shy away from movement other than walking and a little bending - it can lay me up for weeks if it 'goes'.
I have been taking digestive enzymes but a good tip thanks about putting them in with the juice, I'll try it.

I saw my doc about constipation - she gave me senna - a lower dose than I use normally!!!! they really are a waste of time.

@minkeygirl
I know the acacia powder does work its just remembering to take it everyday..............

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I know that. But also you have to remember that the fiber in your juice drinks might be causing more constipation if you have IBS.

Can you toss the acacia fiber in your new best friend? Put a big sign in your kitchen to remind yourself.