1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

My mold genetics? Help?

Discussion in 'Addressing Biotoxin, Chemical & Food Sensitivities' started by trev343, Aug 9, 2014.

1. trev343

trev343

Wilmington, North Carolina
    I have just read Dr. Shoemakers book Mold Warriors and he said people with mutations in HLA-DR have a harder time detoxing mold.

On my report I saw two HLA categories (MTHFR SUPPORT)

HLA rs7775228 (–)
    HLA rs2155219 (++)

http://www.snpedia.com/index.php/Rs1063355 this site says this is the one shoemaker uses….
    Rs1063355 im TT

can someone give me some info? THanks

2. slayadragon

slayadragon Senior Member

twitpic.com/photos/SlayaDragon
    If this is from 23 and Me, I don't think you can obtain your HLA DR status from that.

Valentijn likes this.
  3. Soundthealarm21

Soundthealarm21 Senior Member

Dallas, TX

@trev343

You can't obtain HLA DR status from 23andMe. You'll have to have it done at LabCorp.

Valentijn likes this.
  4. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    Only HLA-DRA can be fully determined or partially determined (narrowed down to a couple possibilities) with 23andMe. The other HLA types mostly involve SNPs which have 3 or 4 possible alleles. 23andMe can only handle 2 possible alleles per SNP.

See more popular forum discussions.