1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The ePatient Revolution
Ryan Prior shares his experience and his thoughts from attending the Stanford Medicine X Conference as he contemplates the rising of the ePatient Revolution ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

My mold genetics? Help?

Discussion in 'Addressing Biotoxin, Chemical & Food Sensitivities' started by trev343, Aug 9, 2014.

1. trev343

trev343

Wilmington, North Carolina
    I have just read Dr. Shoemakers book Mold Warriors and he said people with mutations in HLA-DR have a harder time detoxing mold.

On my report I saw two HLA categories (MTHFR SUPPORT)

HLA rs7775228 (–)
    HLA rs2155219 (++)

http://www.snpedia.com/index.php/Rs1063355 this site says this is the one shoemaker uses….
    Rs1063355 im TT

can someone give me some info? THanks

2. slayadragon

slayadragon Senior Member

twitpic.com/photos/SlayaDragon
    If this is from 23 and Me, I don't think you can obtain your HLA DR status from that.

Valentijn likes this.
  3. Soundthealarm21

Soundthealarm21 Senior Member

Dallas, TX

@trev343

You can't obtain HLA DR status from 23andMe. You'll have to have it done at LabCorp.

Valentijn likes this.
  4. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    Only HLA-DRA can be fully determined or partially determined (narrowed down to a couple possibilities) with 23andMe. The other HLA types mostly involve SNPs which have 3 or 4 possible alleles. 23andMe can only handle 2 possible alleles per SNP.

See more popular forum discussions.