• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My methylation journal

maddietod

I wish I could say something helpful! The advice to work up slowly is useful. I've never had trouble with a supplement, but LCF did something to my digestion that took a month to fix. You never know what might bite you!

I figured out how much potassium to take because I got a very specific kind of neck and shoulder pain when potassium was low. But I never understood how to know the right dose of metafolin.

After the LCF debacle, I went back to a modified simplified protocol, because 2000 mcg of B12 seems to be plenty for me.

Good luck!

The first time I took LCF, I thought I had intestinal discomfort from it, but I haven't had that since. Today I took more LCF and I have been having other uncomfortable symptoms. It's waves of anxiety symptoms. They may not be from LCF, but I think so. I was also having more anxiety symptoms, more than I would expect to have, 2 weeks ago. I had no idea why. I wonder if it's related to methylation.

I am starting to feel like quitting methylation, because I don't know if I can do it right. I don't know if we get any benefit if we do it wrong. I think I am supposed to increase LCF slowly until I reach "neurological brightening". It should be easy to tell, unmistakable? I don't know if I can tolerate much LCF. I will keep going but I am worried I won't get the brightening because of not tolerating it.

maddietod

The LCF is an add-on, so if the rest of the protocol wasn't giving you trouble, could you just leave out the LCF? Some of us are very sensitive to it, for unknown reasons.

The LCF is an add-on, so if the rest of the protocol wasn't giving you trouble, could you just leave out the LCF? Some of us are very sensitive to it, for unknown reasons.

Maybe. I'm going to keep trying it for now. I think not having "brightening" yet means that the adb12 isn't activating the healing? Whatever is supposed to happen. Freddd had said do LCF after you reach the 800 mg metafolin, 1/4 adb12, and 1 each of the mb12. If I don't do LCF, would I start increasing metafolin? If I don't do LCF, maybe I could do one of those other supplements that is supposed to enhance adb12.