• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My life in supplements

digital dog

HERE IS A LIST OF THINGS I HAVE TAKEN/DONE THAT HAVE NOT HELPED ME (I HAVE PUT A CROSS BY THINGS THAT HAVE MADE ME SUBSTANTIALLY WORSE.)

Enzyme potentiated desensitisation (injections to desensitise allergies)
Hulda Clarke's Zapper (to rid myself of supposable parasites)
infrared sauna (DIY sauna which made me faint) x
over fifty spiritual healing sessions with world renowned healers (relaxing but no change)
bioceuticals (bloody expensive energy infused water)
acupuncture for a year (absolutely no change)
homeopathy (three different homeopaths)
reflexology
magnesium injections (very low in intramuscular magnesium)
colloquial silver
lithium orotate
Every amino acid protocol you can name (glutamine and theanine nearly finished me off) x
5HTP x
Tryptophan x
St john's Wort x
Thyroid glandular x
Adrenal glandular x
Thyroxine (akathisia) x
SSRI's x
Lithium x
Clonazepam (given by a reputable Melbourne CFS doctor for two years!!!) x
Lyrica, gabapentin, amatryptilin etc etc x
Nystatin and a dozen other anti fungal medications and supplements) x
Every herbal tea you can think of (liquorice and dandelion were bad bad bad)
Milk thistle (very ill on this)x
Every vitamin and mineral protocol you can name
Paleo, GAPS, Gluten free, candida, high salt-low salt, iodine free etc
Lightning Process, Guptas, Dynamic Retraining, CBT, EFT etc
Removal of all mercury fillings and lots of chelation
high dose fish oil x
Oestrogen, progesterone, black cohosh, mierna coil etc (descent into hell).
fatal familial insomnia protocol to help sleep (PABA, Inositol, melatonin, blue green algae etc)
Indium ( a very rare mineral)
Myhills Methylation Protocol (twice!)
Myhills mitochondria protocol
Probiotics x
Hypnotherapy
Kinesiology (lowest point in life after having these sessions)

HERE IS A LIST OF THINGS THAT I HAVE TAKEN/DONE THAT HAVE HELPED ME

DHEA (possibly gave me a slight increase in energy but I doubt I could tolerate it now)
Possibly gluten free

I honestly don't know why I bother!!!!

The only things that have come up as wrong with me (after extensive tests) is high thyroid antibodies and low testosterone. I can't take thyroxine as it propelled me into the stratosphere and then gave me chronic depression and I'm just not sure testosterone would be a good idea as other hormones make me very very ill both mentally and physically.

Why do I continue to take things that usually make me indescribably worse? I suppose it keeps hope alive. I think, however, I am just going to try a teeny tiny but of bioidentical testosterone and then throw my hands up in the air and surrender.

Anyone else completely insane like me?

Digital Dog

drob31

Have you tried selenium to lower thyroid antibodies? (200-400 mcg/day)?

How about pregnenolone?

How does your cortisol levels look?

There's always the big guns, HRT testosterone and hydrocortizone (which would help allot with autoimmune)

digital dog

Interestingly I am taking selenium (that and Vitamin C are my only supps). I have stopped for a day or two as something has gone very wrong and I'm back to eliminating things. I have been thinking about pregnenolone too.
I don't think I am going to bother with cortisol levels. I instinctively feel they would change daily and I don't like the sound of any of the treatments in any case.
HRT was an absolute disaster for me. Half a pill and then spent eighteen days sick. Hideous. Hydrocortisone is not something I am willing to try...dont know why but I must trust my instincts.
I am looking into a tiny weeny smidgen of bio teststerone as I am so low in this.
Thank you so much for your suggestions.
I will look more into pregnenolone. Do people generally do well on it?

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@heapsreal takes pregnenolone

I just stopped all sups because i felt crap. But I think it was progesterone that I recently added

I have almost none with high estrogen. It was a new brand so I hope that was it.

You aren't nuts. We all do this junk. Trial and error. Wasting money.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Pregnenolone cream i find works well to improve cortisol levels for me.
my gp prescribes it which i get from a compounding chemist.

originally i had to start low and slowly increase the dose. Now i use 50mg a day.

PeterPositive

I have had a similar experience over the course of the last 20+ years.
I could post an equally if not longer list... Fortunately every 100 remedies that I throw away I also find something that helps.

Surrendering is probably a good idea, although hope still wants to try something else...

digital dog

PeterPositive,

Have you ever written a list of everything you've tried down? I'd be interested to see one if you have one but completely understand if that's not possible. My list is probably only two thirds of what I've actually tried as I can't remember everything.

If anyone in UK wants some supplements just let me know. Seems such a waste having a room full of these expensive supplements.

x