August 8th, 2016: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Jody Smith joins with other ME voices in honor of Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

'My life got taken away from me' - what it's really like to suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Ysabelle-S, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Ysabelle-S

Ysabelle-S Highly Vexatious

Article by Hannah Radenkova in the Daily Telegraph.

The rest of the article is here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-f...way-from-me---what-its-really-like-to-suffer/

2. TiredSam

TiredSam The wise nematode hibernates

Germany
    5th Sept 2016

3. Ysabelle-S

Oh, sorry, someone tweeted it today, and I didn't notice the year date. There's probably another copy of it up here so I'll contact Sushi.

TiredSam likes this.
  4. AndyPR

AndyPR #resist

MeSci likes this.
  5. Ysabelle-S

AndyPR likes this.
  6. Montana NAR

Montana NAR

Why merge it? The story is still valid... and guess what? It's a year later and nothing has changed!

Of course, this disease could have been around for over 35 years and "they" still wouldn't know what it is.

Can you say "cover-up" and "denial"?

Ysabelle-S likes this.
  7. MargUK

MargUK

Aberdeen, Scotland
    I followed the link to her blog from the article - it's good - read all her entries in one sitting!

Ysabelle-S likes this.
  8. Joh

Joh Inactivist

Germany
    Yes, it's one of my favorite ME blogs, too (although it's sometimes a little sad because she has an amazing 100% supportive family and friends).

Hannahs drawings are also wonderful, she was/is an illustrator. When I see her drawings I always think that it's unbelievable how much talent this disease keeps locked up at home worldwide.

She also made a little doll that looks like her (little Hannah) and that attends weddings and birthdays and vacations instead of her. Little Hannah has a wardrobe (to be dressed appropriately at every occasion) and little accessoires and a lot of fotos from her adventures. It's so creative, funny and heartbraking sad at the same time.

Hannahs article was quite heavily edited in the Telegraph and this is the original version:
    http://superpooped.blogspot.de/2017...spot.de/2017/09/pre-edit-telegraph-piece.html

See more popular forum discussions.