Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

My interesting experience treating gut fungi with nasal washing

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by cigana, Sep 13, 2015.

1. cigana

cigana Senior Member

UK
    I just want to mention very briefly my experience which may highlight something we have never considered before.
    For a long time I've had issues with mild fungal overgrowth in my gut (as many of us have). This has never resolved despite very low carbohydrates for 2 years and anti-fungals etc. My symptoms are only mild - lots of gas issues after ingesting sugar. Very repeatable experience. I've been positive for fungal overgrowth in previous tests (and negative for SIBO).

Recently I washed my sinuses daily with the anti-fungal amphotericin-b (follwing the "Brewer" protocol loosely).

The only change I noticed after 3 weeks of this was that I no longer have that gut issue, which raises the interesting possibility that the fungal overgrowth is caused my a connection between the nasal passages/sinuses and the gut. This would explain why people very often find almost no solution when treating the gut.

2. sarah darwins

sarah darwins I told you I was ill

Cornwall, UK
    Hi cigana. Amphotericin-b was recently suggested to me for chronic sinus problems but I can't find anywhere that supplies it. Did you source it yourself?

3. cigana

cigana Senior Member

UK
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    sarah darwins likes this.
  4. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    Thanks for the great hint Cigana.

I noticed that when I had a sinus infection it tends to drip down and upset my throat and then my stomach. I used Amphotercin-B in the 80's when there were fads on Candida control. This was before the sinus infections set in for me though (I think).

I use Tea tree and Sea Salt in my Grossan Irrigator usually.

Over the past year I have also I've tried Baby Shampoo and Dandruff shampoo with Ketaconazole but neither of these made any difference to my sinus infections.

I'll have a look at that other thread as well.

Thanks again!

5. Bansaw

Bansaw Senior Member

I wonder if a steam diffuser and essential oil treatment might be effective too.
    The Four Thieves essential oil blend (or similar potent oil, - I know Tea Tree is too) is supposed to be a great anti-fungal/bacterial.
    I'm getting a steam sauna and some essential oils on Tuesday so I'll be able to try that out.

Valentijn and sarah darwins like this.
  6. cigana

cigana Senior Member

UK
    Yeah I tried various essential oils and baby shampoo....None of those worked, but ampho did...

ukxmrv likes this.
  7. sarah darwins

Cornwall, UK
    Cigana — did you get the ampho in vials, as on that link in the other thread? If so, do you dilute it?

8. JPV

JPV ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs

I think you may be right about this. I believe others on the forum have made similar observations before. Sinus infections seem very common among many of us with ME/CFS.

9. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

I think the baby shampoo is just supposed to break up biofilms. You still need something to kill the fungus once they are exposed.

ukxmrv likes this.
  10. justy

justy Donate Advocate Demonstrate

U.K
    I had a general slight upswing in health after nasal irrigation with amphoceterin B earlier this year - my sinuses also felt great, but that has now gone...

I used a bag of Ab, and just used syringes....can you not have it prescribed like that @sarah darwins - it was easy to do.

cigana likes this.
  11. sarah darwins

Cornwall, UK
    Did you get a GP's prescription, justy? I wasn't sure if it was used in the UK. If so, I'll try that route.

See more popular forum discussions.