• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My fatigue is relieved by rest...

I got you the first time Bob. The uncertainty/complications of CFS do make it difficult to be clear though, and leaves lots of room for misinterpretation. I often find myself just wanting to make a little point, but then getting sucked in to writing a lengthy post as I struggle to make myself clear.

Bob

I'm with you Bob all the way. The only proviso being that for the very severely affected rest doesnt seem to help at all.

Yes, except that severely affected people are forced into a state of permanent rest, and would probably become even more unimaginably unbearably ill if they didn't rest.

It's hard not to get on a rant isnt it?

lol, yes it's only too easy justy!

I got you the first time Bob. The uncertainty/complications of CFS do make it difficult to be clear though, and leaves lots of room for misinterpretation. I often find myself just wanting to make a little point, but then getting sucked in to writing a lengthy post as I struggle to make myself clear.

Thanks Esther. So I'm not the only one then!!!