1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

my famvir trial

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by clive powney, Nov 5, 2012.

1. clive powney

clive powney Senior Member

coventry
    I agree with heaps. The problem is with the whole scenario that we are stumbling around in the dark and when we find a torch , for the majority of us some mother has taken the batteries out. Hopefully we will all eventually find one with a full pack of new duracell !!
    allyb and heapsreal like this.
  2. Rrrr

Rrrr Senior Member

right! stumbling around in the dark. but that said, it DOES seem like this (our disease) is viral, doesn't it?
  3. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    What a shame nothing of the kind in the UK - I just tested with mega high levels of HSV-1 (IGm) :(
    Be interesting to hear the specifics of the trial.
    Valentijn likes this.
  4. Rrrr

Rrrr Senior Member

actually, if your doctor emails pridgen, pridgen will likely share his protocol with your doctor.
  5. triffid113

triffid113 Day of the Square Peg

Michigan
    Oh, sorry. I didn't realise bacteria all by itself w/o allergy could cause sinusitis. Once you said that I was going to suggest zinc tho and looks like you're on to that. I am finding that using zinc picolinate makes all the differemce to my allergies. Last year I was taking 75mg zinc and it was not enough to avoid misery. This year because I am using zinc picolinate 50mg seems enough to do the trick. This year I have been using the 9g/day omega-3 but also I cut out dairy as a huge source of omega-6 (fuel to produce inflammatory cytokines), however I also got the idea to substitute canned salmon for one meal. Ugh! It was TOO much! After I ate the salmon I smelled like fish for DAYs. So far I am taking 9g o-3 and skipping any day that it rains and I can manage w/o. I also have to take care to get enough protein. The zinc and the protein are just to rebuild muscous membranes destroyed by pollen as o-3 while TREMENDOUSLY helpful, is not perfect. I can't wait until June is over.
    heapsreal likes this.
  6. Yin

Yin

Has anyone had hyperglycemia as a famvir side effect? I just tested very high, and it explains weight loss, etc. No one on either side of my family has ever had diabetes, so I do not believe insulin production is the cause. Thank you.
  7. Ruthie24

Ruthie24 Senior Member

New Mexico, USA
    I was having real problems with hypo-gylcemia prior to starting Famvir. I've been more stable in the blood sugar realm since starting it, but again, not sure if that's related to the drug or just normal fluctuation in the disease.
  8. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

ruthie....my guess: famvir is lowering viral load, cutting inflammation which is known to be related to diabetes.
  9. clive powney

clive powney Senior Member

coventry
    Just a quick update on my trial of thyroxine with Dr S. Now been just 3 months and I am up to 100mg a day and have seen no improvements. I am moving up to 125mg for 3 weeks , then 150mg for 4 weeks and 175 for 6 weeks then back to see him in November. Hope you are all keeping as well as possible and have found something (anything) that might help.
    maryb and heapsreal like this.
  10. kearso

kearso

wow didn't know famvir did that. Since im on my way to diabetes Im glad I been taking it.
  11. surethom

surethom

I have been on Acyclovir for 5 months since becoming ill, i stopped taking Acyclovir 400mg 3 x day & changed to Generic Famvir (Famtrex) 250mg 3 x a day within 2 days my sleep is dreadfull, I have been having 8 hours good sleep but now takes forever to get to sleep & feel so bad when I wake after 5 hours or so. Not sure if Acyclovir was helping keeping viruses (ebv, cmv) at bay ish or famvir reaction??

Off famvir & back on Acyclovir for now. Anyone had any sleep problems on famvir/Acyclovir
  12. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Sounds like the famvir Is stirring something up. Maybe lower dose then stop. 250mg twice a day or even 125mg twice a day. Not uncommon to feel worse before getting better? ??
  13. surethom

surethom

Many thanks, I will try 125mg twice a day & maybe also stay on the acyclovir. Do you think it would be ok to take acyclovir & famvir?
  14. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    I cant see a problem with it, maybe it can work on the viruses by a couple of angles??
    Many use other av's with valcyte so acyclovir with famvir shouldnt be too different.
  15. Bob

Bob

England, UK
  16. Bob

Bob

England, UK

See more popular forum discussions.