• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My eye sockets feel tired. What the...?

Sasha

Fine, thank you
For some weeks now, on and off, I've been getting an ache along the bottom rim of both eye sockets. This is a new symptom. I think it's happening when I'm extra tired. It feels like a sort of "fatigue ache", ridiculous as that sounds - it's not as though there's any muscle working hard there.

Does anyone have any clue what this is?

hurtingallthetimet

do you see an eye doctor regulary? wear glasses and or contacts?

its always good to see one and to check out any symptoms that are new and worrisome and painful..

i have bad eyesight since in teens...i am sore and hurt all over all the time even my eyes, sometimes they feel like they are going to explode, but i have mgiranes also, maybe you have migranes?

as i said i hurt and sore everywehre at one point or another and it may sound crazy but i swear even my hair hurts...i have complained to sevearl eye doctors about blurry vision and not being able to see and cant see at all to drive at night...they all tell me the same thing,,my prescription is "right" and then they drop it...my fibro cfs doctor says its common in thees illness...

maybe someone will have a better answer for you but wanted to let you konw what ive been through with the eye pain and eye sight problems...as i said i think its a good idea to get an exam to make sure...my mom eye was hurting really bad and she went to eye doctor and had a small piece of something in it {i cant remember what it was} but it was something small but it only takes something tiny to hurt the eye, the eye doctor got whatever it was out and gave antibiotic drops and she was good as new in a few days..

take care hope you feel better

ukxmrv

Sasha, do you ever get hayfever or sinus infections? I've had a sinus problem recently and there is a very acute painful area just at the bottom of my eye socket when I touch it.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Hi HATT - sorry to hear about your eye problems - I have bad eyesight, corrected by specs, but this is a new symptom. Migraines are rare for me - I've been getting this symptom almost every day for several weeks so I don' think they're connected. I don't think it's an eye problem necessarily - more a face problem (now I'm sounding weird!).

Hi UKXMRV - I think I maybe do get mild hayfever every year. I'm not aware of having sinus problems but your reply makes me think that's something I should look into, because I'm not familiar with the symptoms. The fact that you've got pain in this weird area where I've got pain is probably a useful clue. Thanks! Hope your sinus problem has cleared up.