• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My Experience with Famvir (anti-viral)

Famciclovir 250mg 2X a day
(8-22-11) Day 1 and Day 2 no noticeable difference.

Day 3: more achiness in my muscles; probably just a coincidence.

I will update this thread once every week. Stay tuned....

What sub-set am I?
fibromyalgia pains
temperature dysregulation
hypersomnia

Thanks for the report.
keep us updated.
I'm considering starting famvir myself.
Would also be nice if you gave us some background info. on your CFS history.

Had to cut this drug short because my insurance changed. :(
2 weeks on famvir was not enough time to determine its effectiveness.
Should be back on it in 1 month, maybe sooner if one of my family members chips in. Will keep this thread updated though when I have news.

SirArthur, three and a half years ago I was under alot of stress from work and school, developed a bad flu, visited the E.R (for which, after 3hrs of waiting gave me a script for tamiflu and sent me home with papers that simply stated I had a flu as well as the dosing of the medication.) I think my cfs was the result from a combination of stress, genetics, the flu, and not allowing myself enough time to recover before returning to my busy lifestyle.

I think Famvir is worthwhile, especially since it doesnt have near the toxicity of Valcyte.