May 12, 2017 Is International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day
International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12th, 2017. Jody Smith shares some information about upcoming events and ways you can be heard ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

My Bday is coming up, I can do a Facebook "event", What should I do?

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by *GG*, Jun 23, 2016.

1. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    to help raise awareness or what not?

GG

Comet likes this.
  2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois Prairie ❀❤✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿❤❀

Midwest, USA
    Any ideas, anyone? (I do not know the first thing about Facebook, so have no idea what a Facebook event could be.)

Comet and *GG* like this.
  3. Comet

Comet I'm Not Imaginary

I'm sorry, I don't know much about Facebook either. But I wanted to say that raising awareness sounds like a great idea. And, most important, Happy Birthday! :balloons:

ahimsa and *GG* like this.
  4. hellytheelephant

hellytheelephant Senior Member

S W England
    Great idea! You can make an event by clicking the More button under your cover photo and then clicking the create event button. You could have a sponsored event- everyone who writes you a Happy B'day message donates to an ME charity. Or a synchronized meditation for healing for all those affected. Or prayer. Depends on what sort of angle you want to take...
    You can also look on FB for the blue awareness ribbon and add that to your profile picture.

Happy B'day BTW:balloons::cake::wine::music::tulip:

ahimsa, justy and Comet like this.
  5. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    Great idea to raise awareness - I also have no suggestions - not au fait with FB events, but I hope yours goes well AND you enjoy your birthday. A friend of mine with M.E had a FB birthday party and everyone at home with M.E put face paints on and took photos of themselves 'at' the party.

ahimsa and Comet like this.
  6. Effi

Effi Senior Member

Europe
    @*GG* happy birthday! :)

A Dutch fellow patient used her birthday to make her Facebook friends sign and share an important ME advocacy petition: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...ke-a-minute-to-sign-please.44475/#post-733148

ahimsa, *GG*, Comet and 1 other person like this.
  7. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    thanks, I know lots of people are not, I am not on it much. Basically for Political rantings and advocacy as well.

GG

8. Comet

Comet I'm Not Imaginary

Political rantings aside, enjoy ur day!

9. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    @*GG* Am still just barely learning how to use FB and have not yet joined myself (this is on my long list of goals...) but wish you the best with your advocacy event and also HAPPY BIRTHDAY in case I missed it!

P.S. I was briefly very confused when you changed your screen name b/c I often use "GG" as short hand for "Gingergrrl" but don't want to confuse anyone! It's a great abbreviation, you have good taste LOL.

ahimsa likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.