• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My AZT + RAL Trial

Eradication of XMRV - Peptide T

Hi!

Dr Candace Pert, a brilliant neuroscientist, works with the Peptide T and believes it can eradicate HIV/AIDS and I have heard she is exploring XMRV with WPI currently. Peptide T is non-toxic and would be great for most of us that are sensitive to most drugs.

So, yes, some scientists believe eradication IS possible. I will try to find the quote for you...

Just know we're all pulling for you...:victory:

God Bless,

Elisabeth

Hi Sue!!!!

I searched and I think this is her contact e-mail (her assistant).

"If you wish to request a media or press appearance, interview, public speaking engagement, personal, academic or scientific inquiries, please send a detailed request via email to Lagena Smith (lagenasmith@gmail.com). "

Just in case you want to e-mail her about your question...which is a great question!!

I bet she'd answer!

God Bless,

Elisabeth
xoxo

Here's some hope...

Daily Peptide T Nasal Spray May Be Successful in Fighting Latent HIV-Infected Cells, Study Says

September 30, 2003

A nasal spray of a synthetic protein fragment called Peptide T may be successful in lowering the amount of latent HIV-infected cells, according to preliminary results of a small human pilot study published in the current issue of the journal Peptides, the Wall Street Journal reports. Latently infected cells contain a "reservoir" of HIV that fuels the disease but cannot be reached with antiretroviral drugs, according to the Journal. "Flushing out" HIV in such cells so that the virus can be attacked by antiretroviral drugs has been an "elusive" goal of AIDS researchers, according to the Journal (Chase, Wall Street Journal, 9/29). Michael Ruff of Georgetown University School of Medicine and colleagues administered the Peptide T nasal spray to 11 patients who had been HIV-positive for an average of 17 years but who had not yet developed AIDS (Polianova et al., Peptides, July 2003). Although there was no change in the patients' viral levels, after up to 32 weeks on the spray, the level of HIV in monocytes -- a type of white blood cell -- was significantly reduced. Frank Ruscetti, a co-author of the study from the National Cancer Institute, said that placebo-controlled trials should now be conducted to determine whether the nasal spray will work in a larger and more representative cross section of HIV-positive people (Wall Street Journal, 9/29).

Take care,

Elisabeth

thanks guys!

last night, i started feel a little more improvement in the brain fog...but this morning i am back to the same. i think it will be very slow going.

sue
xoxox

Ye I think so too. In most cases where PWCs are helped by antivirals it takes some months before they feel good improvement.
I wonder if Peptide T would speed up things a little bit.

Rrrr

thanks, ladybug, for the continued updates. i'm happy to keep following your progress over the next few months, if you don't mind us tagging along!

on your side,
Rrrr

ukxmrv

I'm really glad that you have improved even a little, Mandy.

Hope that the depression improves

Maybe in the future, once other agents are added to the mix, you can have another small improvement and keep going that way.

Doogle

i emailed another top researcher... We really have no data to suggest that there will be even chronic inflammation (though I would think this is the most likely symptom), and certainly no hint of dementia."

May I ask who this top researcher is? There are many published studies documenting chronic inflammatory processes and neurocognitive deficits in ME/CFS.

acer2000

May I ask who this top researcher is? There are many published studies documenting chronic inflammatory processes and neurocognitive deficits in ME/CFS.

This is pure speculation - but maybe he/she means the level of inflammation won't be higher than normal if and when they figure out how to get the infection under control? Who knows at this point though... they haven't even proven definitively what this bug does.. :-/

Doogle

Well any researcher talking about chronic inflammation or dementia in ME/CFS patients after antiviral XMRV treatment is strictly speculation since there are no studies or even anecdotal evidence.

Doogle

he meant after the infection is under control....he stated that he is speculating.

sue
xoxo

OK thanks, sometimes it's hard to comprehend with this d*** disease. I want to be sure I understand because I believe I will be following your lead soon. I so want you to get well for us all. ;)

Rrrr

mike wrote: "taking AZT at this point in time is insane! "

mike: i think we all understand why you wrote that, i mean who wants to take a med as scary as AZT. but i'd be a bit less judgmental, as in, i don't know about it being "insane." desperate people do desperate things. and we are desperate. :) (or at least i am.)

i don't feel happy for ladybug that she is so desperate that she'll experiment with a dangerous med on her own body, but on the other hand, haven't i been doing the same thing for the past 20 yrs, in some way, shape or form, with everything I've tried/taken? i mean, 99% of the things i have taken have made me worse. take my last experiment, just 10 days ago. i took a homeopathic remedy 10 days ago and since then i have been in bed and i have lost my brain. that is, i have no working brain cells. i feel like i HAVE dementia right now.

ladybug is taking a calculated risk.

warmly,
rrrr

Navid

Dementia is common with severely ill ME patients....taking AZT at this point in time is insane!

i'd like to point out that you just called sue (ladybugmandy) insane. not very supportive and highly unnecessary.

you of all ppl should know how tough it is to be judged by others for the treatment route taken. one would think you'd be especially sensitive in judging other sick ppl. imho

for some reason everytime someone criticizes sue's azt choice i feel extremely protective of her:Retro mad:...i think she is being very brave and making the choice that seems right to her at this point in her life....let's just support her. her illness gives her enough crap to deal with everyday. she shouldn't have to read anymore here.

it's this type of criticism that keeps ppl from sharing their treatment experimentation with others and as we all know any cfids treatment is all a shot in the dark/experiment at this time anyway.

warmest regards, lisa:D

K

Knackered

Dementia is common with severely ill ME patients....taking AZT at this point in time is insane!

That's easy to say when you're as fit as you are. I also don't like your tone. It's not needed.

I take it you're against XMRV being the cause then? If yes, for your illness or everyones?

Doogle

Basically this thread is paralleling Are you ready to take retroviral drug?. I believe it is apparent the risk reward ratio is different for different people. It is my belief persons who are older and/or sicker have less to risk than younger or less ill individuals. IMO there will be no one size fits all approach to treatment for many years, if at all.

I became ill and disabled at 37 and am still disabled at almost 61. My mental and physical capacity is now declining from illness and old age. In a few more years I may not even be able to participate in clinical trials or take an agressive antiviral. I have taken just about everything you can imagine from diets and supplements to oral and IV antivirals, antibiotics, and immune modulators, prescription, experimental, underground, and not available in the US. I've completed two FDA approved clinical trials for CFS, Ampligen from Peterson and Valcyte from Montoya. The Ampligen helped me a lot, 16 years later the Valcyte made me worse. Has the length of my illness made me more refractory to treatment? Who knows!

Jason has documented that the risk of early death is higher in CFS patients. I know this illness has taken its toll on me, and many of the people I have known over 23 years with CFS have passed away from catastrophic illnesses. I simply do not have the inclination to wait until I am past the point of no return to try a risky treatment. These are difficult individual choices and 10-20 years from now one may be able to look back and say good or bad choice, if one has 10-20 years left. Sorry to be blunt but that's how I feel.

Michael Dessin

Knackered...dont put words in my mouth....Hopefully you will never have to experience the depths Ive been to with this illness.

I did not say Sue was insane, I said taking AZT is insane. Sue has been around a while and I happen to think she is a great person.

I understand folks are desperate...but Im not gonna keep my mouth shut when I see someone putting their well being in even more jeopardy by taking that garbage.