• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My AZT + RAL Trial

jackie

Koan..I can top your dog thermometer - the only non-human one I have is what I used to use on my HORSE...back away from THAT thermometer!

(To tell the truth my mare was more amenable to having her temp taken than the damn Pomeranians...they're deadly! You don't want to go "there" with a feisty Pom!)

Also...I found a great catalogue that offers those cooling down contraptions - scarves, bandanas, hats and the cutest stretchy headbands!...that you either fill with gel ice paks...or get wet and put in the freezer...PLUS they come in an assortment of very cool prints and colors. They aren't specifically for "us"...more like outdoorsy normals...but so what!? I also know where to order the cooling vests used by MS folks.

I'll find the cat in my stash...and give the name/website if anybody is interested (seem to remember they were not too expensive - or I wouldn't have paid attention to it!)

Teej...yep! I'm one of those Shingles gals! with swollen glands as big as your fist! (well...almost!)

(Look what I did....hi-jacked Mandy's thread - I'll never learn!...sorry:eek:)

jackie:Retro wink:

jackie

teej...HERV'S = Human Endogenous Retroviruses

1.Alpharetrovirus
2.Betaretrovirus
3.Gammaretrovirus (this includes XMRV)
4.Deltaretrovirus (HTLV-1, HTLV-2)
5.Epsilonretrovirus
6.Lentivirus
7.Spumavirus
The above are "SsRNA-RT Viruses"
(Retroviridae)

(DsDNA-RT Virus = Hep Virus)

jackie (learning to give links really MUST be my next priority!:Retro redface:)

Hope this is accurate (came from Wiki...fingers got too tired to type all the examples of each!)

jackie

Scary!:eek: on Wiki they stated "this article needs attention from an expert!" (I guess so!) Under the Gammaretrovirus list they did have "Xenotropic murine leukemia virus-related virus" (I better go back and read again!:Retro redface:) j

jackie

Ok looked again (but still on wiki)

And I still don't really understand this but wiki says: "XMRV is a single stranded RNA Genome, approximately 8100 nucleotides in length, that is 95% identical with several Endogenous Retroviruses of mice...and 93-94% identical with several Exogenous mouse viruses".

(Exogenous means that it's horizontally transmissible, right? I give up for the night...must rest my brain by watching fred astaire) j

alice1

Hi Sue,
Maybe you could talk to your doc about pulse dosing..when you feel at your worst take less and continue that way.I know nothing about azt but with the imunovir that's what Dr Klimas has us doing.One week is double dose,the weekend off, the next week single dose.
I think its a system that makes good sense when your body is trying to adapt..
Just a thought .Hang in there.
oxo

Hope123

I think Sue knows this already but pulse-dosing of antiretrovirals is DANGEROUS -- this is how resistance is formed and is why it is enforce over and over again to HIV patients about the need to take their pills everyday as prescribed (which is not pulse dosing). Immunovir is an antiviral/ immunomodulator in a different family than antiretrovirals.

Jackie, that Wiki post is a bit confusing. For example, HTLV-1 and HTLV-2 ARE retroviruses but are not human endogenous retroviruses. They are exogenous, meaning they are from the outside and not integrated into human chromosomes (which is how I understand "endogenous" means).

jackie

Pretty darn confusing, Hope! I googled "HERV'S (retroviruses)" and chose the Wiki site...I know we need to be careful of that, right? There was a chart...and I copied it exactly (I hope!...but anything's possible) - and I should have given a link. BTW...I've never heard of "pulse dosing"....is it ever done with antivirals? (not that I'd be able to - if I miss even a dose I'm in trouble! just wondering) j

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
hi all thanks for suggestions. cort..i have tried elimination diets before but i only became sicker..i dont know why.l

Have you tried supplementing with digestive acids and enzymes? I feel that they have helped me a lot.

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
JPV, what digestive acids and enzymes did/do you take?

I'm still working on it so it's hard to recommend anything specific. I generally try to take two different types of digestive aids. Betaine HCL and an all around Enzyme mixture.

I'm just kinda shooting in the dark and experimenting with all this. I really think I need to take a test in order to refine my approach. Just not sure which one to take yet.

Forebearance

Hang in there, Sue! I'm really sorry it's gotten so hard.
I wonder if people with CFS might have to start very gradually on any antiretrovirals and work up to a bigger dose.
I can only handle one pearl of Lauricidin once every three days. I hope to work up to more once I start sleeping outside.
And...
This might sound crazy, but if azt causes nausea, how about a little bit of medical marajuana baked into a brownie?

ukxmrv

Will be thinking of you and hoping all improves soon (plus your doctor will have some suggestions)!