• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My 23andme analysis, any suggestions?

Hi

I pretty much knew or expected there would be problems but not what it would look like. I have suffered from fatigue, brainfog and lack of focus for the last 10 years. I get angry but mostly at things that involves injustice. I want to do alot of things but im not able to. How would any of you move further when you see this? Any comments is much appreciated and please be honest. Im going to spend time on this whenever I can to shed some light.

I have tried different methyl donors with a mix of success. It seems I need to stay away from glutamine and never take it again because that makes everything to the worse. It might even be that the glutamine have clouded the success of taking b12 and folate. I do see I have no mthfr problems in my list for now so I have to go over everything from the start to see what I really need and don't need.

Here's my results:

Homozygous Results

MAO A R297R rs6323 T +/+
MTRR A66G rs1801394 GG +/+
BHMT-08 rs651852 TT +/+
AHCY-01 rs819147 CC +/+
AHCY-19 rs819171 CC +/+

Heterozygous Results

COMT V158M rs4680 AG +/-
COMT H62H rs4633 CT +/-
VDR Bsm rs1544410 CT +/-
VDR Taq rs731236 AG +/-
MTRR A664A rs1802059 AG +/-
BHMT-02 rs567754 CT +/-
CBS A360A rs1801181 AG +/-

Last edited:

Valentijn

Have you tried hydroxoB12? MTRR A66G +/+ means you probably need some B12, since it results in the recycling enzyme activity reduced to around 30% of normal.

tdog333

Go straight for the methylb12, you won't overmethylate as easily cause your COMT +/- is balanced by your VDR +/-
but still watch out for it.
Your B12 recycling is not so good because BHMT is the short route to recycle, you can support it with Betaine HCL or TMG and the MTRR is responsible for long route recycling which is impaired too, so you need a lot of b12.

The MAO A will effect your serotonin levels, some people say it will degrade serotonin too quickly, and some people say it will not break down serotonin properly, I haven't studied this one enough.

AHCY is the enzyme that converts SAH (s-adenosyl homocysteine) to adenosine and Hcy. The AHCY mutation is not very straight forward, and its reactions with CBS, SAH, SAMe, and MTRR are hard to predict.

Hey, no I have never tried hydroxoB12 but I have tried both adenosylb12 and methylb12 the favored brands according to the experts at this site.

Would in my case hydroxoB12 be favored before the other 2 types or do you mean I might just tolerate it better?

To all:

Did a quick view on these 3 below where BHMT is supposed to affect the shortcut through the methylation cycle for converting homocysteine to methionine and AHCY affects the pathway that goes from methionine to homocysteine.

BHTM-08 rs651852 TT +/+
AHCY-01 rs819147 CC +/+
AHCY-19 rs819171 CC +/+

Does it seem I have a bad blockage between methionine and homocystein as both ways are affected?

tdog333

It just means you wont be able to recycle b12 very effectively, also that you will be somewhat impaired converting hydroxyb12 to methylb12 so I would skip the hydroxy. If you were already tolerating the methylb12 no reason to swap back to hydroxy and take a step backwards. Are you taking methylfolate as well as methylb12?

Yes im also taking methylfolate + methylb12, what about adenosylb12? Should I avoid adenosylb12 as you mentioned the over methylation issue that may arise?

tdog333

nope adb is good, you wont overmethylate very easily because your VDR and COMT balance eachother, plus your recycling pathways are limited.

I should also mention that my noradrenaline can go through the roof. BHMT-08 could be the cause of that atleast according to Dr Amy Yasko

tdog333

I think dopamine and serotonin regulate eachother and you have a MAO A +/+ which could mess with your serotonin to dopamine balance too. You can try lithium orotate to help with the adrenaline breakdown possibly.