• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mushroom Tea From RISHI - Stabilizes and Helps

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
I love herbal teas and I particularly love teas made by RISHI. They don't tend to have much affect on my health but their Mushroom Hero is a bit different. It seems to rebalance and settle me down and give me a mild boost in energy. Nothing spectacular but little helps are good.

The tea seems pretty expensive but like most teas it goes a long way. I reuse the tea several times. It comes loose-leaf which is good IMO. I use a wide and deep tea infuser (no tea balls!) to get the most out of it. :)

Rishi says it has a coffee-like taste. Let's just say that it tastes like nothing else and it's certainly tolerable and I wouldn't drink it for its taste. That said it tastes better than coffee IMO...

https://www.rishi-tea.com/product/o...shroom-hero-herbal-blend/caffeine-free-herbal

upload_2018-3-29_9-40-7.png
Don your cape and prepare for this powerful blend of reishi and maitake mushrooms, rich cocoa nibs and detoxifying roots. In East Asian herbal medicine traditions, reishi mushroom is known as a powerful adaptogenic herb that alleviates stress and promotes vitality for the whole body.

TASTING NOTES
Our Mushroom Hero blend pairs these with roasted chicory and dandelion roots, creating a dark infusion with a coffee-like appearance, taste and mouthfeel. The uncanny coffee-like character tastes amazing as a caffeine-free latte, and also makes an incredible decoction providing structure and depth as a soup base.

Carl

If you take a look at this link, Reishi is on the list for Th2 dominant immune systems. You might have an improved effect if you experiment with the correct items to balance your immune system. There are pages to balance Th1 and Th2 dominant immune systems. Some of the things are not included but show in the things to avoid in the other which might be helpful. The idea is that raising Th1 might lower Th2 etc. Therefore taking foods and supplements that tend to balance things might be helpful.

Last edited:

Timaca

Cort~ Have you ever just eaten Reishi mushrooms? Dr. Furhman is a mushroom fan and he recommends eating them daily. They are part of his G-BOMBS (recommendations for foods to eat--greens, beans, onions, mushrooms, berries and seeds.) Here is his article on mushrooms. Here is an article on G-BOMBS.

Since both my NKC number and function are low, I've just recently started adding mushrooms to my daily diet.

Glad the tea is helping you! Anything we can do to get to the next level is worth it!!