1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Dr. Kerr, I presume?
Clark Ellis brings us a rare interview with British researcher Dr. Jonathan Kerr who is now living in Colombia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Muscle pains?

Discussion in 'Pain and Inflammation' started by membersound, Feb 13, 2011.

1. SOC

SOC Senior Member

USA
    Actually mine was the same way, but the doctor still called it "TMJ pain" -- probably meant TMJ dysfunction or something like that.

A wonderful doctor I had years ago (pre-diagnosis) used to tell me that what I called "muscle tightness" most people would call muscle pain. She believed, based on a number of odd experiences, that I have a very high tolerance for certain types of pain and that I interpret them as "tightness" or "aches". Maybe you're the same.

2. gag

gag

thanks that makes sense. still tight as hell and weak too towards the end of the day..:eek:
    TY again

3. SaveMe

SaveMe *****

the city
    Hi membersound,
    this is one of my more troubling symptoms as well. My muscle pains are all over (back,arms, and especially upper legs) and when it strikes, I really have no way of controlling it. I just have to "wait until the storm passes" so to speak. However, you mention taking just Magnesium which made my symptoms worse as well, but when I tried Malic Acid with Magnesium, I had less flare-ups. Here is a link, its fairly inexpensive. http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=KA-1846

Malic Acid is totally natural and is present in small amounts in the skin of green apples. Google Malic Acid and Fibromylagia or Malic Acid and CFS and you will find tons of hits, reviews and research. And you bring up a good analogy about the pains in relation to exercise. Sometimes I ask myself "Did I sleepwalk last night in to gym and do a few sets of squats and lunges?" cuz it sure does feel like it!!

See more popular forum discussions.