A New Decade of ME Research: The 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry presents the first in a series of articles on the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Muscle pain in upper arms

Discussion in 'Pain and Inflammation' started by sleepingbeautyxxx, Feb 22, 2017.

1. sleepingbeautyxxx

sleepingbeautyxxx

Germany
    Muscle pain is a quite new symptom to me and I realized that the muscles of my upper arm feel exactly like I got a vaccination if I rub over them. It's really strange. Especially since I don't lift things, I only write but only with my right hand. But both arms are equal.

Is this the typical cfs muscle pain everyone is talking about?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    rosie26 likes this.
  2. mirshine

mirshine Senior Member

Dublin, Ireland
    I used to get it everywhere. It's now worse in my legs. There's so many different pains it's hard to distinguish!

sleepingbeautyxxx likes this.
  3. sleepingbeautyxxx

sleepingbeautyxxx

Germany
    @mirshine oh that sounds bad!
    That's what I'm realizing right now.. so many different pains.

mirshine likes this.
  4. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

It sounds like Allodynia. I will try and find some old threads on this and link to them.

This one might sound familiar to your symptoms?
    http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/skin-feels-extremely-sensitive-to-touch.27910/

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  5. sleepingbeautyxxx

sleepingbeautyxxx

Germany
    @rosie26
    It's not the skin, it's the muscle itself, hurting when I apply pressure.
    But thank you for the link, since I had this symptom too and now I know what it was. I had an extremely sensitive patch of skin on my back for probably two months.

rosie26 and mirshine like this.
  6. stridor

stridor Senior Member

Powassan, Ontario
    Sore shoulders was a persistant and early symptom. The worst part was trying to get comfortable at night. I am not a back-sleeper but had to make due sometimes. I can't say that I have this symptom now since I am 95% recovered and I can sleep on my sides.
    There are shared symptoms between fibro and CFS and I always called this my fibro pain.

7. arewenearlythereyet

arewenearlythereyet Senior Member

My arm muscle pain is mainly when I've overdone it...like hold a phone to my ear for 10 mins. More like muscle cramp though? Typical lactic acid type pain. It's mainly repetitive or sudden bursts that I can't really do without consequences.

8. stridor

stridor Senior Member

Powassan, Ontario
    Yes, @arewenearlythereyet
    That pain is one of the reasons that it took so long to get back to exercise. A burning, sick pain that says, "stop" and not "try to work through it". Mostly the upper arms and shoulders.
    I am not saying that I don't get that at all anymore but it is a shadow of what it was in 2011 abd 2012.

9. sleepingbeautyxxx

sleepingbeautyxxx

Germany
    @stridor yes, my shoulders also hurt a lot of the times. And I think it's a marker when I've overdone it.

10. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    My arm pain is minor these days, unless I use them.:rolleyes: Earlier, it was persistent. I found NOW celery extract really helpful. I think my biggest improvement came once I had adequate B12 levels. Suddenly I could type without inflammation. I am very cautious to not over-use my arms. A few minutes cleaning the yard is enough for several days, but without pain if I stop in time.
    also, LDN has helped reduce overall inflammation.

See more popular forum discussions.