• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Muscle pain in upper arms

Muscle pain is a quite new symptom to me and I realized that the muscles of my upper arm feel exactly like I got a vaccination if I rub over them. It's really strange. Especially since I don't lift things, I only write but only with my right hand. But both arms are equal.

Is this the typical cfs muscle pain everyone is talking about?

Last edited:

rosie26

Muscle pain is a quite new symptom to me and I realized that the muscles of my upper arm feel exactly like I got a vaccination if I rub over them. It's really strange. Especially since I don't lift things, I only write but only with my right hand. But both arms are equal.

Is this the typical cfs muscle pain everyone is talking about?
It sounds like Allodynia. I will try and find some old threads on this and link to them.

This one might sound familiar to your symptoms?
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/skin-feels-extremely-sensitive-to-touch.27910/

Last edited:

stridor

Sore shoulders was a persistant and early symptom. The worst part was trying to get comfortable at night. I am not a back-sleeper but had to make due sometimes. I can't say that I have this symptom now since I am 95% recovered and I can sleep on my sides.
There are shared symptoms between fibro and CFS and I always called this my fibro pain.

My arm muscle pain is mainly when I've overdone it...like hold a phone to my ear for 10 mins. More like muscle cramp though? Typical lactic acid type pain. It's mainly repetitive or sudden bursts that I can't really do without consequences.

stridor

Yes, @arewenearlythereyet
That pain is one of the reasons that it took so long to get back to exercise. A burning, sick pain that says, "stop" and not "try to work through it". Mostly the upper arms and shoulders.
I am not saying that I don't get that at all anymore but it is a shadow of what it was in 2011 abd 2012.

ahmo

My arm pain is minor these days, unless I use them.:rolleyes: Earlier, it was persistent. I found NOW celery extract really helpful. I think my biggest improvement came once I had adequate B12 levels. Suddenly I could type without inflammation. I am very cautious to not over-use my arms. A few minutes cleaning the yard is enough for several days, but without pain if I stop in time.
also, LDN has helped reduce overall inflammation.