• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Muscle injections with lidocaine improve resting fatigue and pain in patients with CFS

JaimeS

Just judging from the quotations from the article I cited, I'm going to go with : if not a crap study, then a crap rationale for performing said study. It doesn't mean that the data is totally useless, but it casts a pall over the study itself when you see what this guy has to say.

geraldt52

FWI, I had a series of about 6 lidoicaine injections, over a period of several months, for a completely unrelated problem with my back. Not that I was looking for it, but there definitely was no benefit regarding fatigue or anything else CFS related. In conjunction with physical therapy, I would say they were mildly useful for my back though.