Invisible Illness Awareness Week 2016: Our Voices Need to Be Heard
Never heard of Invisible Illness Awareness Week? You're not alone. Jody Smith sheds a little light to make it more visible
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Muscle atrophy not related to disuse

Discussion in 'Skeleton, Skin, Muscles, Hair, Teeth, and Nails' started by viggster, Aug 16, 2017.

1. viggster

viggster Senior Member

Interesting. Which test includes these antibodies? I did the CellTrend panel and some other panel with Kaufman whose name I'm forgetting. I am going ahead with IVIG after I get back home from NIH in a few weeks. My local doc wrote a letter to Medicare to get it for me. I guess Medicare does not need the prior authorization, so we'll see how many months I can get before Medicare starts getting cranky about it.

2. pattismith

pattismith Senior Member

I suppose Dr Kaufman tested the same panels for Ginger than for you. Did you have any positive results?
    Finger crossed you will have your IVIG soon!

Rossy191276 and Gingergrrl like this.
  3. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    The panel that discovered my autoantibodies (PAVAL) was done by a Neuro who sent the blood to Mayo and then I did Cell Trend on my own. But Dr. K is the doctor who interpreted my results and helped me to get treatment although my MCAS doc is the prescriber so I can do the treatments locally.

@viggster Best wishes with your IVIG and please keep us posted.

Rossy191276 and pattismith like this.

See more popular forum discussions.