• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Multiplying & re-introducing special B cells turns off autoimmune disease

Bob

Multiplying & re-introducing special B cells turns off autoimmune disease at Duke University Medical Center
When a small amount of ‘Mother Nature’s' own B10 cells (multiplied in the lab) was introduced back into mice with MS-like autoimmune disease, the disease was essentially turned off.
Oct 14, 2012
http://www.prohealth.com/library/sh...tter&utm_campaign=twitter_article&LIBID=17643

The above article is based on this research paper:

Regulatory B cells control T-cell autoimmunity through IL-21-dependent cognate interactions
Ayumi Yoshizaki et al
Nature (2012)
doi:10.1038/nature11501
14 October 2012
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/nature11501.html

currer

Very interesting.

Fluge and Mella's rituximab study results suggested to them that depleting the CD20 B cells was acting on another as yet unknown immune signal and this was why the response to rituximab was delayed by several months.

They felt that the therapeutic response was secondary to the primary action of the rituximab, via some unknown mechanism.
I hope they are alerted to this research. It sounds relevant to their work. Anyone want to send it to them?

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
a little off track, but do we think ampligen triggers that unkown immune signal that fluge and mella speak of that happens with ritux. Both indirectly turning on Nk function. The delay in improvement is basically like a non cfs/me person in a post viral state now they have functioning nk cells and or is enough time to clear the infections that are commonly found in cfs/me.

If the above is true we still dont know why nk function is low(some type of immune defiency) but sounds like we can treat it. Even adding antivirals to this makes alot of sense.

cheers!!!

Enid

Very exciting research - thanks Bob. All at long last on the way now.

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
This is so wonderful Bob - thanks for posting. Definitely, let's make sure the researchers know about it. I'll PM the people that I know here that are seeing Dr. K for Rituximab.

Enid

Bumping this finding - the real basis in understanding the dysfunction of the immune system central to ours and many other illnesses.

I'm -despite the rituximab findings- still not convinced we have an autoimmune disease. But when i read this, i'm kind of starting to hope we have.
I've haven't had any time reading the full article yet.

Attachments

• regulatory B cells control T-cell autoimmunity through IL-21-dependent cognate interactions.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 12

Jacque

Multiplying & re-introducing special B cells turns off autoimmune disease at Duke University Medical Center
When a small amount of ‘Mother Nature’s' own B10 cells (multiplied in the lab) was introduced back into mice with MS-like autoimmune disease, the disease was essentially turned off.
Oct 14, 2012
http://www.prohealth.com/library/sh...tter&utm_campaign=twitter_article&LIBID=17643

The above article is based on this research paper:

Regulatory B cells control T-cell autoimmunity through IL-21-dependent cognate interactions
Ayumi Yoshizaki et al
Nature (2012)
doi:10.1038/nature11501
14 October 2012
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/nature11501.html
Wow wish I would have read this bf my visit to Dr. Kogelnik yesterday... very interesting info!! Hope they really speed this up...I am ready to "live" a little in the years I have left on this planet.... Thanks for post!!