• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Multiple Sclerosis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome overlap: When two common disorders collide

Dolphin

Of the 204 people with multiple sclerosis in this study, only 6 had CFS (admittedly this was self-reported diagnoses and so perhaps some cases were missed (and some of the ones reported could have been inaccurate)

Journal of Psychosomatic Research
Volume 79, Issue 2, August 2015, Pages 94–99

Functional limitations in functional somatic syndromes and well-defined medical diseases. Results from the general population cohort LifeLines

Tammy

My very good friend who has MS has almost identical symptoms as me..............her type of pain is different than mine........but that's about the only difference. Her MRI shows brain and spinal lesions..........mine doesn't.