Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

multiple blood markers for depression

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by kaffiend, Feb 16, 2012.

1. kaffiend

kaffiend Senior Member

California
  2. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)
    Interesting thanku kaffiend.

Here's the link to the published paper, for anyone who is interested, but only the abstract is available for free:

Assessment of a multi-assay, serum-based biological diagnostic test for major depressive disorder: a Pilot and Replication Study
    G I Papakostas, R C Shelton, G Kinrys, M E Henry, B R Bakow, S H Lipkin, B Pi, L Thurmond and J A Bilello
    Molecular Psychiatry , (13 December 2011) | doi:10.1038/mp.2011.166
    http://www.nature.com/mp/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/mp2011166a.html

My cynical guess is that this sort of research won't attract funding for large scale trials, because psychiatrists won't want their power, which is associated with being able to diagnose psychiatric conditions, taken away from them. So psychiatrists sitting on funding committees will possibly block funding, as they have done with ME. But it's just a guess, and I'd love to be proved wrong.

See more popular forum discussions.