• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Multi Vitamin

I am having a really hard time stomaching all my pills. I am following Fred's protocol and I'm supposed to take about 20 pills a day. I was wondering if there was a multi I could take that would cut down on the amount of pills I am taking?

Red04

The short answer is no. There are some Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc combos and a few others you could look at.

I tried and tried and tried with this. But at the end of the day, you end up taking 6 horse pills to get equivalent dosages instead of 12 regular pills. Plus its hard to customize and find your exact needs. Also, the multivitamins often have extra "surprise" ingredients.

ahmo

I've switched from tabs to capsules to combat the difficulty of taking so many supps. And I get whatever I can in powder form (K+, aminos, inositol, biotin). I'd never get what I need from multis, unfortunately. All these supps ain't easy! cheers, ahmo