Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Mucosal IgA Testing

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by Daffodil, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

Anyone had this tested? Mine was extremely low, indicating severe leaky gut, I assume.

Pathogenic bacteria going into my body from my gut....creating all kinds of issues. Might be behind the fog. Might be why wide-spectrum Rocephin helped me...

http://www.nature.com/mi/journal/v4/n6/full/mi201141a.html

AkeBono and Sushi like this.
  2. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    roxie60 likes this.
  3. globalpilot

globalpilot Senior Member

Ontario
    Yes, I've had it tested twice and it was extremely low both times. I'm convinced it's close to the root of my illness.

4. globalpilot

globalpilot Senior Member

Ontario
    This is strange Daffodil but just earlier today I earmarked that exact study to read. Did you read it ?

5. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

hi all. yes i read it, globalpilot:). ema....i read that article before but i just read it again..it says EBV can cause persistent low sIgA! that is very disturbing. how can it do that i wonder?

maybe it is triggering the HERV and causing inflammation...

6. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    Hi @Ema, this pdf gets error, says empty file. Any chance you gave a copy you can repost? Just got SIgA results that were high and trying to do more research. Most people seem to have low siga so I'm interested in understanding more. All 8pm finding is it is indication of infection.

7. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    It's only about low sIgA unfortunately...

Here's a copy of it at this link though:

http://brwellness.com/docs/secretory-IgA.pdf

roxie60 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.