• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MTHFRade & electrolytes: tips & tricks

Gondwanaland

I would also like to add a warning re potassium bicarbonate: it can stop your heart at pretty low doses. I could not stand up for a couple of hours after taking less than 30mg.

Living is dangerous ;)

drob31

I would also like to add a warning re potassium bicarbonate: it can stop your heart at pretty low doses. I could not stand up for a couple of hours after taking less than 30mg.

Living is dangerous ;)

1/4 teaspoon sound about right?

Sherpa

Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie
@Gyre Awesome... I also take 133mg of magnesium glycinate 4 times a day and do about 4 squirts of magnesium oil as underarm deodorant. That's why your inexpensive recipe with just K/Na is so appealing! The probiotics and mineral add-ons are great, too.

I ordered the LoSalt and MangaPower creatine. Curious to see how creatine works. I have weak and soft muscle tone. I can build muscle hardness up briefly but it deteriorates and turns mushy if as soon as I have an inflammatory episode. Which happens :confused:

drob31

Anyone try magnesium l-threonate yet? It's supposed to be able to penetrate to mitochondria.

physicsstudent13

any other ideas on how to increase atp safely? maybe this helps to clear brainfog by increasing glutamate transport in the brain? I would guess that cardio and weights would also increase ATP production