Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

MTHFR

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by taniaaust1, Jun 8, 2014.

1. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    I just found out that Australia has a MTHFR support site and this site seems to have some great info if anyone wants to check it out (the site isnt as overwhelming as the MTHFR.net where I find I get too much info overload).

I suggest anyone who has MTHFR mutations to check out the following, http://www.mthfrsupport.com.au/conditions/

ohh.. warning thou, you not like some of what you read if you look into the conditions. My 23andME test came back that I was at a 39% risk of getting Alzeihemers Disease from the age of 50 years due to the Alzeihemers gene.. and now I just found out the following relationship with MTHFR

". Elhawary et al (2013) examined the relationship between the MTHFR 677TT mutation and Alzheimer’s Disease. The frequency of the T allele was found to be 3 times higher in AD patients when compared to controls, with the most severe cases of AD found in patients carrying the 677TT mutation."

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
    Helen, victoriana and Valentijn like this.
  2. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    @taniaaust1 Thanks for the link. On the "About" page, she's written:
    My personal assumption as we move forward, is that the work we're doing to repair our methylation cycles is mitigating against the nasty diseases. We are healing and repairing at the cellular level. Cheers from sunny NSW:balloons:

victoriana likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.