1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Mt. Sinai looking for healthy controls for their study

Discussion in 'Active Clinical Studies' started by Nielk, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Dr. Enlander just posted this on Facebook:

Derek Enlander
    The MOUNT SINAI Medical Center ME CFS study on post exertion malaise (PEM) is proceeding, this will prove or disprove the PACE study which recommends Graded Exercise Treatment (GET) as the prime therapy for ME CFS
    We NEED control subjects (non ME CFS patients) to compare and contrast the ME CFS patients . We offer $140 to the controls for their participation. The study takes approx 3 hours on the first day and ten minutes for a blood draw on the following 2nd, 3rd and 4th mornings
    contact me at denlander@aol.com if you have a participant.
  2. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    Thank you Nielk. I have reposted on MEA Facebook. Not sure we are as aware of this study in the UK as you guys might be.

I do have a concern and this is that I don't think any study will 'prove or disprove' PACE even in relation to GET. But I am not conversant with the mechanics behind Enlander's study and so it's really a concern about the language he has chosen to employ.

Hope the study proceeds though. And am very pleased to see this kind of thing taking place :)
  3. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    Can't wait to read about his results when all done. He's certainly looking at a bunch of interesting stuff, so im sure there will be interesting findings made. He has a great team of experts working in his MEC.
  4. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY

Here is a thread about the Mt. Sinai study: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/mt-sinai-recruiting-for-pem-study.20347/

I would think that Dr. Enlander has to word the study that way because he can't start from an endpoint. He is doing a study basically on PEM but, there is no guarantee of the outcome. I know from being one of his patients and from having taken part on the study a few months back that Dr. Enlander believes strongly that PEM is part of the disease. Hopefully, this study will prove it.
    snowathlete likes this.
  5. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    Thanks! I shall take a look.

You might also be interested in the reply from Dr Shepherd of the MEA Ramsay Research Fund to my reposting of your comment, Nielk:

I do not recall knowing about this European study. So thanks to you I have learned something else! Definitely an area worth pursuing as I said. Trying to get some more substance on this most puzzling of symptoms is worth the effort I think. Must say I think it wise to look at other illnesses too and post-cancer fatigue is funnily enough (not that it's funny) something that came up in my meeting this morning. All very exciting really, isn't it. :)

Bit more about that Belgium study:

Sasha and Nielk like this.
  6. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    Can anyone show me how to access the full details of this (or any other) clinical study from the relevant authority in the US? Only I presume it must have all been registered somewhere as it has received ethical approval. Thanks very much :)

I've read that other thread. Thanks Nielk :thumbsup:
  7. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member

This was posted on PANDORA's Facebook page on Saturday:

Valentijn likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.