1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
AVIVA Semi-Finals: National ME/FM Action Network is competing for $100,000
The National ME/FM Action Network in Canada is competing for $100,000 for biomedical research of ME and FM in the Aviva Community Fund contest. With thanks to all who helped, they made it through the first round of voting into the Semi-Finals.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

MRI results-small vessel ischaemic changes long term

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Goodness to M.E., Nov 8, 2013.

1. Goodness to M.E.

Goodness to M.E.

Adelaide
    Can anyone help me, my recent MRI report noted the above, and I was diagnosed with M.E. in late 2012. The Dr who arranged the MRI knew nothing about M.E. nor did the hospital staff that conducted and reported on the MRI scan even though I provided them all with relevant information regarding M.E. and MRI's.
    Does this finding support my diagnosis of M.E. and how?
    Sorry, the 'long-term' relates to 'past smoker'.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  2. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    I haven't read the MRI findings on ME/CFS in any detail, but from memory I would think this supports the diagnosis. Though I doubt it is specific to the illness, so it could always be caused by something else.

Does the text 'long term' mean, it has been going on long term? Interesting.

3. Katherine

Katherine

UK
    You were diagnosed in 2012 but how long have you had it?

4. Goodness to M.E.

Goodness to M.E.

Adelaide
    I was originally diagnosed with CFS without any tests in 2009 however, in 2011, I was diagnosed with adrenal deficiency (Addison's disease) non treated hypothyroidism, Vitamin D deficiency, poor liver detoxification, leaky gut syndrome and hormone deficiencies which removed the original diagnosis of 'unexplained fatigue=CFS) With new symptoms following the 'flu' in April 2012 and workplace flu vaccination in May 2012, new physical symptoms presented and by July 2012 I was no longer able to work and was bedridden for over 3 months initially and now am mostly housebound. I met all the categories as outlined in the International Consensus Primer for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis released in late 2012 and was assessed by 2 doctors with such.

5. Allyson

Allyson *****

Australia, Melbourne

my MRI noted some small vessel ischaemia too

they did not worry about it too much

A

See more popular forum discussions.