• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MRI results-small vessel ischaemic changes long term

Goodness to M.E.

Can anyone help me, my recent MRI report noted the above, and I was diagnosed with M.E. in late 2012. The Dr who arranged the MRI knew nothing about M.E. nor did the hospital staff that conducted and reported on the MRI scan even though I provided them all with relevant information regarding M.E. and MRI's.
Does this finding support my diagnosis of M.E. and how?
Sorry, the 'long-term' relates to 'past smoker'.

Last edited:

snowathlete

I haven't read the MRI findings on ME/CFS in any detail, but from memory I would think this supports the diagnosis. Though I doubt it is specific to the illness, so it could always be caused by something else.

Does the text 'long term' mean, it has been going on long term? Interesting.

Goodness to M.E.

I was originally diagnosed with CFS without any tests in 2009 however, in 2011, I was diagnosed with adrenal deficiency (Addison's disease) non treated hypothyroidism, Vitamin D deficiency, poor liver detoxification, leaky gut syndrome and hormone deficiencies which removed the original diagnosis of 'unexplained fatigue=CFS) With new symptoms following the 'flu' in April 2012 and workplace flu vaccination in May 2012, new physical symptoms presented and by July 2012 I was no longer able to work and was bedridden for over 3 months initially and now am mostly housebound. I met all the categories as outlined in the International Consensus Primer for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis released in late 2012 and was assessed by 2 doctors with such.

Allyson

Can anyone help me, my recent MRI report noted the above, and I was diagnosed with M.E. in late 2012. The Dr who arranged the MRI knew nothing about M.E. nor did the hospital staff that conducted and reported on the MRI scan even though I provided them all with relevant information regarding M.E. and MRI's.
Does this finding support my diagnosis of M.E. and how?
Sorry, the 'long-term' relates to 'past smoker'.

my MRI noted some small vessel ischaemia too

they did not worry about it too much

A