Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Moving to Lynchburg, VA - Doctor recommendations

Discussion in 'ME/CFS Doctors' started by kristysmiles, May 10, 2017.

1. kristysmiles

kristysmiles

Kaneohe, HI
    Hello everyone, I will be moving to Lynchburg, VA to start medical school this Fall and was wondering if anyone knew of any doctors there that would be helpful for treatment. Currently, I am off all medications because my doctor thinks cutting out caffeine and taking more iron will solve all my problems. Would really be interested in a doctor who listens, and will be willing to try things that have a higher chance of being effective in treating my symptoms. I'm tired of getting doctors who want to play games for months or years before they finally try a protocol supported by research or meant for my symptom-set.

Thanks in advance.

Gingergrrl, Sushi and Jennifer J like this.
  2. rel8ted

rel8ted

VA
    Wondering if you were able to find anyone, I am looking for same.

3. kristysmiles

kristysmiles

Kaneohe, HI
    No, Dr. Andrew Anderson was recommended to me, specifically as a veteran, but he's not accepting new patients. So I see the VA right now....

4. rel8ted

rel8ted

VA
    That’s the exact same boat I am in. They have a lot of restrictions on what they are or aren’t allowed to do. My experience was basically that ME is not believed until we paid to go to Hunter Hopkins. I did finally find ONE PA who works well with me. I won’t see anyone else in primary care.

Best of luck to you.

See more popular forum discussions.