• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Moving to Brazil: Dengue, Chikunguya etc.

Hey everyone,

I might be moving with my family to Brazil for the next 5-10 years, possibly.

I have mild post infectious Fatigue, from Mono i contracted 4 years ago (at age 18), which is manageably luckily.

My question is whether anyone here lives in Brazil or knows about the Dengue,Chikunguya situation.
Is it guranteed that i will get infected if I liver there for 5-10 years? I would probably live in big city in high tower apartment?
In case I get it would the chances of mortality increase having PIFS ? Would it make my fatigue worse? or could it maybe reset my system ?

keenly

Hey everyone,

I might be moving with my family to Brazil for the next 5-10 years, possibly.

I have mild post infectious Fatigue, from Mono i contracted 4 years ago (at age 18), which is manageably luckily.

My question is whether anyone here lives in Brazil or knows about the Dengue,Chikunguya situation.
Is it guranteed that i will get infected if I liver there for 5-10 years? I would probably live in big city in high tower apartment?
In case I get it would the chances of mortality increase having PIFS ? Would it make my fatigue worse? or could it maybe reset my system ?

You need to join the Jack kruse forums and ask about Brazil.

Stay away from the City due to nnEMF. Do not worry about fake fear mongering by those who want to push vaccines.

You need AM sun daily on as much of the body as possible. Nature heals.

Hey! Brazilian also. From Santa Catarina state. Here, although we had some cases of dengue and rare cases of chikungunya, it is not an issue an all. What's been more of an issue in Brazil lately is the yellow fever (febre amarela). But in SC we only had 1 confirmed case, from someone who traveled here already with it. So, since we are a continental size country, it really depends on where you would live.

Hi I'm Brazilian, where are you going to live in Brazil ?
Hey! Brazilian also. From Santa Catarina state. Here, although we had some cases of dengue and rare cases of chikungunya, it is not an issue an all. What's been more of an issue in Brazil lately is the yellow fever (febre amarela). But in SC we only had 1 confirmed case, from someone who traveled here already with it. So, since we are a continental size country, it really depends on where you would live.

Heey. Sao Paulo, but might have to take frequent trips to Manaus and Recife area.

Thing is I m not vaccined against yellow fever and read that it could make CFS worse. My post Mono CFS is managable at the moment and dont want to get a severe case, so is there actually a big yellow fever threat?

jpcv

In some regions of the country, yes.
There is a vaccination campaign in the country right now.
Going to Manaus ? Get the vaccine.

In some regions of the country, yes.
There is a vaccination campaign in the country right now.
Going to Manaus ? Get the vaccine.

what about Sao Paulo? What about Dengue ? Is it as endemic as advertised online?
Would dengue be more serious with Post mono CFS?

jimmy86

Hi,

I planned a trip for a wedding to Brazil this summer (Rio area and Fortaleza), and just looked into travel vaccines.

Should I get yellow fever and other vaccines? What's your experiences with those? Did they make your CFS worse?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Should I get yellow fever and other vaccines? What's your experiences with those? Did they make your CFS worse?
That is a hard decision. I guess the first question is whether this vaccination is required and next is whether it is advised and you agree that it would be wise to get it. That said, I have had the yellow fever vaccine a number of times (it was required) and yes, it made my ME/CFS symptoms worse.

jimmy86

That is a hard decision. I guess the first question is whether this vaccination is required and next is whether it is advised and you agree that it would be wise to get it. That said, I have had the yellow fever vaccine a number of times (it was required) and yes, it made my ME/CFS symptoms worse.

Thanks, @Sushi ! It is not required, but advised, and I think it would be wise to get it.

Did it make your symptoms worse for a long time? Some, even healthy people, have reactions up to a week afterwards.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Did it make your symptoms worse for a long time? Some, even healthy people, have reactions up to a week afterwards.
I had these vaccinations many years ago so it is hard to remember my health "progression" at the time. I do remember, later though, thinking that these vaccinations had contributed not just to a week of feeling like hell, but a general downward trend.