1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Moving a Severe ME patient

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Ember, May 30, 2013.

1. Ember

Ember Senior Member

By the CFS Patient Advocate
    Thursday, May 30, 2013
    More: http://cfspatientadvocate.blogspot.ca/2013/05/moving-severe-me-patient.html

alex3619 likes this.
  2. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I saw this - I'm not as ill as this but I've got serious problems if I want to travel from one town to another, which I don't attempt more than once a year.

Chris is right that the most severely ill among us are hidden, and that that's wrong.

3. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    I was too ill to attend the CFSAC but, I gave my testimony over the phone. I did emphasize the severely ill.

Little Bluestem and Sasha like this.
  4. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK

I liked it that you made the point that the previous year, you couldn't go.

Chris, in his piece, made the point that govt committees should be forced to watch 'Voices from the Shadows' at the beginning of the meeting. Good idea.

merylg and ggingues like this.
  5. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

It's so crazy. How can anyone turn their head to this? Do they really think individuals just want to hang out in a bed like this? Even psychiatrists say that no one wants to really be sick and anxious. No one wants to be even a hypochondriac. We are not that. No one wants to not thrive.

People don't want to hang out in their room, or house for years.

The only word I can think of that comes to my mind for this behavior is a major curse word. It starts with an F and ends with an ed on the end of it.

ggingues and Valentijn like this.
  6. Shell

Shell Senior Member

England
    My GP asked me if I was afraid to die, when I mentioned the way people die of ME. "No," I told him, "I'm certainly not afraid to die, I'd be out of it then wouldn't I? No, what scares the hell out of me, is ending up bedbound with no help or hope. THAT really does scare me as I get worse and worse with this illness."

Even my GP, who is one of the good ones, doesn't get it really.

7. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    Even the moderately ill need more than that or we will be joining the ranks of the bedbound.

The Spitfire, Sasha and Blue like this.
  8. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

Shell, I wonder if he doesn't get it or if he is just scared. He's watching someone unravelling and feels powerless. IT's a sad situation. My doc had CFS and gets scared when I am really sick. He becomes silent. I know it's bothering him, not just as a doctor, but it's a fear that grows deeper than that. He knows that as much as he thinks he can help me, he really can't.

Shell likes this.
  9. PennyIA

PennyIA Senior Member

Iowa
    EXACTLY. My biggest fear is getting completely bed-bound and 'stuck'. Spending the next 20 years as ill as I have been is not acceptible.

Shell and Tally like this.

See more popular forum discussions.