1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Mouth Breathing & Facial Development

Discussion in 'Autonomic, Cardiovascular, and Respiratory' started by Dmitri, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Dmitri

Dmitri

NYC
    An informative but unsettling article on the effects of mouth breathing during facial development.

http://www.buteykochildren.com/mouth_breathing_and_facial_development.php

Unfortunately, I have these symptoms(not as severe as pictured) as an indirect result of my pan-nervous disorder/CFS. Overbite did deform my face to a degree. I want to get braces as soon as possible, but at age 19, it may be too late to for significant change. At least I will be able to shut my jaw properly...
    golden and Seewell like this.
  2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    My sister was about your age when she got braces. The need was diagnosed when she was in high school. She was very opposed to the idea. Our parents were going to insist, but the dentist said it would be OK to wait as long as she got it done before she stopped growing and her bones set. In a few years her attitude changed.
    Dmitri likes this.
  3. Seewell

Seewell Senior Member

Interesting.Nice web site too,there's butterflys everywhere!
    Dmitri likes this.
  4. golden

golden Senior Member

Clear Light

See more popular forum discussions.