1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Mouse virus erroneously linked to chronic fatigue syndrome (Peterson/Levy)

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by Jemal, May 31, 2011.

1. Jemal

Jemal Senior Member

This is the Peterson/Levy study. It's indeed negative and will be published in Science. This study is probably one of the reasons that prompted the editors to contact WPI and ask them to retract their study.

Also everybody on antiretrovirals should stop taking them :angel:

More:

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2011-05/uoc--mve052711.php

2. JPV

JPV Senior Member

Comes as no surprise at all...

3. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Look at the article Peterson did end up supplying the patients. He apparently asked Levy to do the study but Dr. Kogelnik - who is associated with Dr. Montoya at Stanford did.

4. justinreilly

justinreilly Stop the IoM & P2P! Adopt CCC!

NYC (& RI)
    So Levy and others have shown that the XMRV in Lombardi et al came from reagents or cell lines. Funny, I didn't see that proven in this or any other study. More overreaching with the headline and repeated statements that "XMRV is not the cause of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome." What is going on here?

5. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Answer: Hyperbole.

See more popular forum discussions.