1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Mouse retrovirus present in cell lines used for production of biologicals

Discussion in 'XMRV Testing, Treatment and Transmission' started by natasa778, Mar 15, 2010.

1. dancingstarheart

dancingstarheart

Midwest USA
    When news about XMRV first came out from WPI, I suspected vaccines because of the widespread use of mice in biologics. This thread has been very informative. One thing I am concerned about is that certain human phenotypes (eg Rnase L) are more susceptible to this virus particular virus.

Whenever I hear of studies saying that any foreign viruses found are considered harmless and not infectious. Just wonder not infectious to which human phenotypes... Depending on their sample population, they may never know... Until it hits the general population... I am really concerned right now because my daughter is due for her 5 year vaccinations next week. :(
  2. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

London UK
  3. Rosemary

Rosemary Senior Member

Hi for your interest here is an update about the Gardasil vaccine from Christina England

The families of the world unite and speak out against Gardasil

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/163128

4. Mya Symons

Mya Symons Mya Symons

Wyoming
    I do not know much about the Whitmore Peterson study. Could it be that they worked with mice or rats or cells or blood from mice or rats infected with a mouse leukemia virus and this contaminated their experiment? Has Whitmore Peterson explained that their testing procedures were not contaminated, and if so, does anyone know what explanation they gave? This site is so thorough I'm betting the info. is somewhere. I am just not sure where to look.
  5. thegodofpleasure

thegodofpleasure Player in a Greek Tragedy

Matlock, Derbyshire, Uk
    Oh dear !!!
    You obviously have so much catching up to do.
    However, you're in the right place to learn.
    Suggest that you start right at the beginning of the XMRV buzz page.
  6. V99

V99 *****

UK
    Pretty sure the WPI said the labs they used had never used mice.
  7. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

the WPI lab never had mice and there was an immune reaction to the virus in the blood - that would not happen from lab contamination. in other words, if you have virus from the lab that got into the blood sample, you aren't going to find antibodies to that virus in the blood!
  8. V99

V99 *****

UK
    Yep, no contamination.

See more popular forum discussions.