• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mouse retrovirus present in cell lines used for production of biologicals

When news about XMRV first came out from WPI, I suspected vaccines because of the widespread use of mice in biologics. This thread has been very informative. One thing I am concerned about is that certain human phenotypes (eg Rnase L) are more susceptible to this virus particular virus.

Whenever I hear of studies saying that any foreign viruses found are considered harmless and not infectious. Just wonder not infectious to which human phenotypes... Depending on their sample population, they may never know... Until it hits the general population... I am really concerned right now because my daughter is due for her 5 year vaccinations next week. :(

Rosemary

Hi for your interest here is an update about the Gardasil vaccine from Christina England

The families of the world unite and speak out against Gardasil

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/163128

Hi,

I am new to the forum. I am really scared for my daughter. She had 2 shots of the Gardisil vaccine in 2008. Prior to her 3rd shot, she started to get a flu like illness at the end of 2008. She has been sick ever since and received a dx with cfs in Dec 2009. There is a whole website of mothers trying to get Gardasil banned. VAERS has 61 deaths noted and over 1700 reactions. A group met with the FDA a week ago to report all the issues. I want to e-mail Dr. Judy to see if she can find a connection. The girls have experienced seizures and many of the deaths have been classified as cardio problems or unknown.

My daughter had terrible headaches that began after a few months. A MRI showed an angioma in her left temporal lobe which had bled. There was a Journal of Child Neurology article on line @http://jcn.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/25/3/321 entitled "A 16 yr old girl with bilateral visual loss and left hemiparesis following an immunization against human papilloma virus." I am scared that my daughter will also have neuro losses. I read that the Whittemore daughter has seizures too.

My daughter also has constant sore throats, fatigue, dizziness and heart palpitations. Some of the other Gardasil girls have also received a dx of CFS and others indicate that they do not know what is wrong. Check out "truthaboutgardasil.org" (sorry I am not sure how to link).

Any input from the this well-informed group is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Scared Mom

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
I do not know much about the Whitmore Peterson study. Could it be that they worked with mice or rats or cells or blood from mice or rats infected with a mouse leukemia virus and this contaminated their experiment? Has Whitmore Peterson explained that their testing procedures were not contaminated, and if so, does anyone know what explanation they gave? This site is so thorough I'm betting the info. is somewhere. I am just not sure where to look.

thegodofpleasure

Player in a Greek Tragedy
I do not know much about the Whitmore Peterson study. Could it be that they worked with mice or rats or cells or blood from mice or rats infected with a mouse leukemia virus and this contaminated their experiment? Has Whitmore Peterson explained that their testing procedures were not contaminated, and if so, does anyone know what explanation they gave? This site is so thorough I'm betting the info. is somewhere. I am just not sure where to look.

Oh dear !!!
You obviously have so much catching up to do.
However, you're in the right place to learn.
Suggest that you start right at the beginning of the XMRV buzz page.

V99

Pretty sure the WPI said the labs they used had never used mice.

Daffodil

the WPI lab never had mice and there was an immune reaction to the virus in the blood - that would not happen from lab contamination. in other words, if you have virus from the lab that got into the blood sample, you aren't going to find antibodies to that virus in the blood!

V99

the WPI lab never had mice and there was an immune reaction to the virus in the blood - that would not happen from lab contamination. in other words, if you have virus from the lab that got into the blood sample, you aren't going to find antibodies to that virus in the blood!

Yep, no contamination.