• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Motivational Blog Post

Old Bones

This blog post is a worthwhile read for those with ME, or other chronic illnesses, who have struggled to accept a much-diminished life:

http://www.dreamsatstake.com/2017/01/on-finding-purpose.html

"In the end, the value of your impact on the world has little to do with its scope. If you've touched even one life, if you have loved even one person, if you are kind to others and are doing the best you can with what you have, then you are making a difference. To exist in and of itself is to have purpose. To breathe, to be fully present in each moment, to show love and compassion in whatever small way you can – this is what gives our lives meaning. And this is why I no longer doubt that my life, and every life, has infinite value."