August 8th, 2016: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Jody Smith joins with other ME voices in honor of Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Motivational Blog Post

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Old Bones, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Old Bones

Old Bones Senior Member

This blog post is a worthwhile read for those with ME, or other chronic illnesses, who have struggled to accept a much-diminished life:

http://www.dreamsatstake.com/2017/01/on-finding-purpose.html

"In the end, the value of your impact on the world has little to do with its scope. If you've touched even one life, if you have loved even one person, if you are kind to others and are doing the best you can with what you have, then you are making a difference. To exist in and of itself is to have purpose. To breathe, to be fully present in each moment, to show love and compassion in whatever small way you can – this is what gives our lives meaning. And this is why I no longer doubt that my life, and every life, has infinite value."

2. purrsian

purrsian Senior Member

Thank you for sharing @Old Bones , a lovely and inspiring read. Can relate to it a lot, although I'm not quite as bad as the woman who wrote it. I've found it hard to accept my diminished abilities and to find value in myself. But I'm getting there, and reading blogs like this one helps :)

See more popular forum discussions.