Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Mother's immunity linked to brain inflammation and development

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by natasa778, Nov 16, 2014.

1. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

http://sfari.org/news-and-opinion/c...unity-linked-to-brain-inflammation-in-monkeys

It looks like they were unfortunately not checking for differences in immune function of exposed offspring, or their gut microbiome ... which was what rodent studies show, i.e. that prenatal immune insults lead to not only neuroinflammation but also general immune disturbance (tendency for pro-inflammatory overreaction later in life, without actually fighting off pathogens effectively) and gut dysbiosis + leaky gut!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
    Sidereal, NK17, Bob and 2 others like this.
  2. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)
    The issue of dysregulated microglia cells seems to be popping up more and more frequently at the moment.
    I hadn't heard of microglia six months ago, and now I seem to come across them every week.

3. Jon_Tradicionali

Jon_Tradicionali Alone & Wandering

Zogor-Ndreaj, Shkodër, Albania
    It was in M. Van ElZakkers theory that I saw it first almost a year ago. Since then it has gained considerable momentum.

Bob likes this.
  4. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

It was exactly 10 years ago that John Hopkins team found microgliosis in postmortem autism brains. Now Oxford team is confirming (mostly unpublished). No treatment trials in sight. Things that matter move at snail speed :( if at all.

RustyJ, NK17 and Bob like this.
  5. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

Few more recent studies on the topic:

Large study links maternal infection to autism risk

RustyJ likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.